-CHAPTER 28-

-28-

Y/N felt a pain in her heart and stomach. She had never felt like this before. The thing she feared most had happened to her, now before her eyes, Aki had turned into a Devil, fighting Denji. She had never felt so weak before. She didn't know what to do. If Aki was going to die soon, she would never see him again forever.

What about their plans? Fish for dinner, a snowball fight, was it all for nothing? What would happen to her memories with Aki? She would continue to live, but Aki wouldn't be there anymore. But who would remember Aki? Again, Y/N would remember the most. Y/N didn't lose a friend. Even if he was not a father and brother, she had lost the person she saw as her father and older brother. Aki was a one-person family to her, Aki was more than just a human being to her. Aki was her family. And today, Y/N lost her family again.

Due to Aki's attack, Denji was thrown into a building and fell to the ground. Y/N thought her body was moving uncontrollably and started running towards Denji. She had to help him, even if the person he was fighting was Aki. Denji was lying on the ground and people gathered around him, giving their own blood to Denji.

"I don't want to die..."

"I saw you on tv!"

"I have kids! You gotta save them!"

"Help us!"

As everyone continued to shout, Y/N cut off a woman's arm and she started screaming in pain.

"WHAT ABOUT AKI!? WHO'S GOING TO SAVE HIM?!?" Y/N screamed, everyone went silent. Denji slowly stood up and looked at Y/N in shock, then at Aki. The woman was still screaming in pain, but when she saw Y/N looking at her, she covered her mouth in pain with her hand. Y/N started crying but it wasn't from sadness anymore, it was from anger.

"NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR KIDS JUST LIKE HOW YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT AKI!!" Y/N yelled, everyone was silent still. They didn't know what to say.

"That boy...isn't he Devil?" A old woman said. Y/N sat on her knees and hit the floor with her hands as she shook her head. Y/N sobbed and looked back, and just as Aki was about to attack them, Denji suddenly attacked him and ran his saws through his stomach. The people around suddenly started hugging Y/N, stroking her hair. Y/N started clenching her hands into fists with all her might, her hands bleeding from her nails.

FLASH

"What happened here?" Aki placed the bags on the floor and approached Power and Denji.

"She's clenched her hands so hard, now her hands are bleeding!" Power yelled. Aki sat down in front of Y/N and looked at her hands, they were bleeding. Aki looked at Denji.

"Why did you forget to cut her nails? I told you to cut it yesterday." Aki said, glaring at Denji. Denji watched ground and scratched behind his head.

"Oh yeah...about that..." Denji said and laughed. Aki wiped Y/N's hand with a napkin. Y/N sometimes had nightmares, then clenched her hands into fists because of the nightmare she had in her dream, even if she didn't remember them. Or she sometimes squeezed when she was stressed, so Aki would cut her nails all the time because they were growing too fast.

FLASHBACK END

Y/N pushed the people away as she started running towards Aki and Denji. Aki was laying on the ground unconscious, he was dead. Y/N looked at Denji, Denji was sitting on his knees in shock, watching the sky. Y/N sat on her knees and stood next to Aki, resting her head on his heart, his heart not beating.

"Brother..." Y/N said and watched Aki for a while. Y/N got up and looked at Denji, shook him by the shoulders.

"Denji...Denji do something..." Y/N said. Denji wasn't answering, he watched Y/N's face only. Y/N sat on her knees next to Aki again and held his hand.

"Aki wake up..." Y/N said. There was only the sound of flames, it was very quiet outside.

"I-i will eat vegetables, I promise. I won't hurt anyone...I will not curse...I'll keep my room clean, I won't make fun of Denji, I won't bring home all the cats I see, I won't swear at Mrs. Makima..." Y/N said and went silent for a while. Y/N put her head back on Aki's chest and put her hands on his and hugged him.

"Aki, we're going to eat fish tonight... we're going to play snowman, please wake up..." Y/N said. Power was watching them with a cold expression and was carrying her cat, Meowy. Power stopped next to Denji and looked at Aki for a moment, then turned her gaze away. Denji stood up and looked around, slowly looking at Y/N. Y/N continued to cry, Denji clenched his teeth and averted his gaze. He was still in shock, but he wanted to help Y/N as well, but he couldn't. He wanted to wait for Kishibe, he was the one who would understand her best...

===============================

The officers had already arrived and were inspecting the crime scene, while Y/N hadn't left Aki's body. No one had separated her from his body, Y/N looked like she was going to attack them at any moment and she was holding him very tight. Not even Denji could separate her. Y/N had stopped crying, just hugging Aki's body and watching the sky.

Denji and Power were sitting in a corner drinking water, Denji was still thinking about what had happened, though not in shock. Power was also in shock, but she didn't show her emotions and was just waiting for Kishibe.

Kishibe still hadn't arrived and Denji stood up again and started walking towards Y/N. Just as Denji was about to touch her, he saw Kishibe coming and Kishibe was looking at him, Denji stepped back and looked at Kishibe. Kishibe stood next to Denji and looked at Y/N.

"It's been almost an hour and a half." Denji said. Kishibe took a deep breath and approached Y/N.

"I'm surprised that she didn't kill everyone here and start a War." Kishibe whispered, and he leaned over Y/N and looked at her face, Y/N turned her gaze and looked at Kishibe.

"Y/N. We have to take him." Kishibe said. Y/N didn't answer and watched Kishibe's face for a while. Kishibe looked at Y/N's hand, Y/N was squeezing Aki's hand too hard, his hand was almost crushed. Y/N's vision was blurry, she didn't even recognize Kishibe.

"...Aki?" Y/N said. Kishibe watched her face for a while then looked at Denji, then at Y/N again as he nodded.

"Let's go." Kishibe said. Kishibe held his hand towards Y/N, Y/N looked at Kishibe and watched him for a while. Y/N grabbed Kishibe's hand and suddenly Kishibe grabbed her arm and pulled her into his arms. Y/N was about to lift her head up but Kishibe buried her head in his shoulder and walked away from Aki.
It would be better for Y/N to think that Aki was the one carrying her, without realizing who it was. Otherwise, Y/N wouldn't let Aki go, it was better for Y/N to think that Kishibe was Aki....

1272 words.