chapter 8.

Lexie:
"You ready to go?" Scarlett questions as I walk out of the restaurant's bathroom. "Yep," I smile lightly. She reached out a hand for me, which I took, and we walked back out to her car - not without saying 'bye' to everyone first.

"So where am I taking you?" She asks as we both get into the car. "She lives in Sherman Oaks. Hold on, I'll get her address," I inform her.
I scroll the the old chat attachments in Annie's contact until I finally find her address.

Once Scarlett has her address up on maps, we begin the drive there. It's about half an hour away with traffic but it felt less because I'm pretty sure I talked her head off the whole way there. She asked me about how I've been finding high school so far and somehow I ended up complaining to her about my history teacher, and then the principal, and then homework and...yeah I pretty much complained the whole time, but for the first time in a very long time I felt like I had someone to actually listen to my endless ranting.

"I'll wait for you to get inside," Scarlett mentions. "Thank you for taking me," I say. "Of course, sweetheart. I'll see you tomorrow."

I get out the car and walk up the stairs to the front door. Annie's family from what I've gathered come from a lot of money. They live in a three story, five bedroom and five bathroom house. They even have a legit theatre and in Los Angeles, a house this big and this nice has to of cost a lot of money.

Annie has three brothers, all of whom are younger than her. Her youngest brother, Adam, is so hyper every time I come around which I think is really cute. He'll always run up to me and give me the biggest hug and insist on showing me all his legos he's built and drawings that he's done since the last time I saw him.

When I knock on the door it's only takes a few seconds until I can hear Annie yell "I'll get it" and she opens the door. She engulfs me in a massive hug, "School was so painful without you today," she groans, making me laugh.

I wave to Scarlett and she waved back before driving off. When I turn my head back to Annie, her eyes have widened. "Dude, was that who I think it was?" She asks, mouth agape. "I don't know. Who do you think it was?" I chuckle. "Scarlett Johansson? You're in a movie with Scarlett fucking Johansson?" She raises her voice.

"Annie, watch your language!" Her dad yells. "Sorry!" Annie yells back.

"Yes, I am. But I swear if you tell anyone I will unfriend you forever and you'll have to live a sad, miserable life without me," I tell her with a small giggle. "I won't. I promise," she assures me, letting me inside.

Not to anyone's surprise, Adam comes running up to me the moment he sees me. "Lexie!!" He yells, jumping into my arms. "Hi Adam, how are you?" I laugh. "I'm so good. I got a sticker for doing all my work in class today, see!" He enthuses, pointing to the gold star sticker on his shirt. "Wow, good job," I gasp. "Thanks! Do you wanna see my Lego?"

"Adam honey, let Lex spend some time with Annie," his mom says, coming to take him from my arms. "You can show me your Lego later, yeah?" I assure him. "Okay," he nods, with a slight pout.

Annie takes my hand and we go upstairs to her bedroom. "So, what kinda movie is it? Is it marvel? Is Natasha still alive?" She fires the questions at me. "I'm not allowed to tell you, you know that," I laugh. "Whyyy?" She whines. "Because I'll get fired," I admit. "Not if they don't find out, you won't."
"Annie, I love you and I trust you with my life, but I am not telling you," I say. "Fine," she pouts. She has the same pout as her younger brother.

"Okay, should we get started on the science project?" I ask. "Yeah, we probably should, hey?" She sighs.

__

"I need to ask you something Lex," Annie admits. It's ten p.m now and we've managed to get just over half way done with our science project. We decided that we'd try and finish it at school tomorrow and if not, I'll come back to hers after work.

"Okay?" I frown. "Is everything okay at home? I mean, I just...I don't want to assume anything...but I've just noticed some things the last couple of months and when my mom asked you about your cuts, you lied."

I feel a little overwhelmed at her question. I don't think that's what I was expecting her to ask.

"E-everything's fine, Annie," I tell her. "Lexie," she sighs. "I don't want to talk about it. Please, just drop it," I beg. She looks at me worried before hesitantly nodding, "okay."

"Are you safe though?" She adds. "Annie. Just drop it." My tone is probably a little bit too harsh and I instantly regret it when I see her face fall. "I'm sorry," I admit. "It's okay," she smiles slightly.

There's a knock at the bedroom door, and slowly Gracie opens the door. "Hey girls, I just thought I'd bring you up a few treats," she says, walking in with a tray of chocolate, lollies and two hot chocolates - in Christmas mugs might I add. My eyes widen with excitement as she places the tray down on the bed. "Thank you," I say. "Thanks mom," Annie adds.

"Of course. Make sure you don't stay up too late. I want you both in bed by eleven," she orders. Annie gets up to give her a hug before trying to push her out of the room.

"Thank you mom. Love you mom. Bye mom," she giggles, closing the door in her moms face. "You're so rude, Annie," I roll my eyes jokingly. "She knows I'm only playing,"

"Do you wanna get into pyjamas and we can watch a Christmas movie?" She suggests. "Yes, absolutely," I enthuse.

__________
okay, so I'm still deciding whether or not I want Lexie to have a love interest in this story or not but would you all like stop reading if I made Lex straight ahah?

idk, I just feel like all the book I write or wlw of I wanna do something different 🤷🏻‍♀️