chapter 60.

*I kinda hate the writing in this chapter but we move

Lexie:
"Addy, I want to stop."

"Okay, that's okay," she nods, a gentle smile resting on her face as she climbs off of me, "did I do anything wrong?"

"No, I just...I thought I was ready, I'm sorry," I say, sitting up to hang my legs over the side of the bed. My back to her as to not let her see me cry.
I reach for my bra and t-shirt that had been previously thrown onto the floor, putting them back on as quickly as possible.

"You don't need to be sorry, Lex. I understand, but are you okay?"

I ignore her question because I know that if I don't, I'll completely breakdown.
"Honey?"

I reach for my car keys, my phone and my shoes before making my way out of her bedroom, accidentally slamming the door behind me.

Nine Hours Earlier

"Happy movie release day!" My Mom squeals, throwing herself onto my bed. I've not been awake for more than ten minutes and she's clearly already had at least one cup of coffee.
Granted though, it is eleven o'clock and I was meant to be at school three and a half hours ago.

It's not that I slept through my alarm. I heard it go off, I just chose to ignore and truthfully, I really needed that extra sleep.

"Happy movie release day," I smile, turning myself onto my left side, throwing an arm over her stomach.

"So, I figured that today, since it's just the two of us home, we could go get Starbucks, come back, binge watch Gilmore Girls in our pyjamas and have lots of cuddles. Sound good?"

"What about school?" I remind her. "Meh, you've slept through half the day anyway. Just stay home," she shrugs, squeezing my arms around my body.
"Really?" I ask. "Yes, really."

"Now, get up. The house is too quiet and I'm bored," she adds, patting my back before pushing me off of her. "I'm coming, woman," I yawn, stretching my arms above my head.

"Can we go to Starbucks now? I need coffee."
"Yeah, just brush your teeth first. Your breath stinks," she teases, beginning to walk out of my bedroom. "Meanie," I frown, throwing my bear at her.
She turns back around with her mouth hung open. "What did the bear do to you?"

__

"What do you want?" Mom questions as we pull up into the drive-thru. "Just black coffee, please."

Once our drinks are ordered and payed for, we pull up to the last window and wait.
"Have you got anything planned this afternoon?" She asks, her elbow resting on the door with her head in her hand. "I think I'm going to Addy's tonight, but not until like seven ish. She's going out with her Mom after school to see our movie," I tell her.

She smiles slightly with a nod. "Are you staying the night?"
"Probably, yeah. Is that okay?" I ask. "Of course. Just go to bed at a reasonable time, please," she orders, quirking an eyebrow. "I will."

"Have you called Olivia yet?" I question as our drinks are passed out to us. "I did, just before you woke up. She has a cancellation tomorrow afternoon if you'd like that, or has offered to come in Saturday morning for you? Whatever you'd prefer."

"Probably tomorrow afternoon. I'll wanna sleep in on Saturday," I admit. "Okay, I'll call her and let her know," she smiles gently.
"Thank you. What time is it?"
"Four-fifteen to five."
"Okay," I nod, "can you take me, please?"
"Of course, sweetheart," she speaks gently, leaning across the console to place a kiss on my forehead.