chapter 45.

*this chapter does contain spoilers for The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo under Lexie's POV.

Scarlett:
I had to pick Lexie up during lunch at school today because she has to be in hair and makeup by one o'clock. It's officially the last day of filming for the whole cast. Some have already finished, but majority of us have one final group scene to shoot this afternoon.

"It's freezing today," she says, stepping into her car and putting her bag down at her feet. "Do you want the heat up?" I question, getting into the drivers seat. Her leaving early meant I had to go in and sign her out.
"Yes please," she nods, crossing her arms over her body.

"How was your morning?" I ask, pulling out of the parking space. "Meh," she shrugs, "my history teacher told me off like four times for talking in class because he was in a grump. How was your morning?"
"You got told off four times?" I quirk an eyebrow. "Shhh," she giggles, "I asked how your morning was?"

"My morning was good. We took Cosmo to the playground for a little bit then went home and I had a nap. Next time, listen to your teacher when he tells you to stop talking," I tell her. "Fine," she frowns.

"Hey, I have a question," she admits. "Shoot."
"You have to promise to not pull a face or tease me or anything," she warns, narrowing her eyes at me. "I promise," I chuckle, pulling out onto the main road. "Okay. How long should you wait before asking someone to be your girlfriend? Like, how soon is too soon?" She questions, pulling at the sleeves of her hoodie.

I can't help the smile that curls onto my lips. "I said not to pull a face!" She groans. "I'm not pulling a face, I'm just smiling," I defend myself with a small laugh. "You were smirking, not smiling," she pouts. "Fine, I'm sorry," I hold back my smile, "but to answer your question, I honestly think it's different for every relationship. Some people can jump straight into one and others might take a few months before making things official."

"Okay," she mumbles with a slight nod. "Are you gonna ask Addy to be your girlfriend?" I question, quirking an eyebrow.

My daughter looks up at me with a small smile before looking back down at her lap. "Yeah, I don't know how yet, so I might wait a couple more weeks," she explains. "Is it okay if I have a girlfriend?"

"Honey, of course. I think Addy's a gorgeous girl and I can see that you both really like each other. If you were talking about getting into a relationship with someone I didn't think was good for you, then if would be a different story."

Lexie:
When we got to set, I went straight to hair and makeup and pulled out my book so that I had something to keep me occupied for the next hour.
I've got less than a hundred pages left and I really don't want it to end.

Not even ten minutes in, I had to stop because I couldn't exactly start crying whilst I was getting makeup done. So, I held back my tears and sniffed, trying not to think about what I'd just read.

"You alright?" Danny, my makeup artist questions, and at that I start crying. Mom, who has been sitting in the chair beside me turns her head at this. "Lexie, what happened?" She asks, concern lacing her tone as her makeup artist stops so that she can get up.

"She died," I cry. Although I try not to. I'm crying over a book in front of six other people. It's embarrassing.

"Who died?" She asks, coming around to stand in front of me and wiping my tears with the pads of her thumbs. "Celia," I tell her.
"Who's Celia?"
"From my book. She died."
"Oh sweetheart," Mom giggles, "come here." She stands me up and pulls me into her arms.

I'm embarrassed to say that I cry in her arms about Celia St. James for the next five minutes. The hair and makeup team had gone off to the other end of the trailer and were having conversation amongst themselves.
Luckily, only the base of my makeup was done, so I wasn't really messing it up too much.