chapter 35.

Lexie:
"All done," Addy declares, placing both her hands on my shoulders. "Thanks," I say, turning my head around and giving her a small smile.

"Do you guys wanna order the pizza now?" Annie questions. "Sure," Addy and I both agree. "Also, what movie did we decide on?"
"The conjuring?" Annie recalls. "Wait. What. No, I didn't agree to that!" I say.

"Why, you scared?" Addy teases, tickling my neck. "Yes! Yes am I scared!"

__

Much to my disappointment, the other three desperately wanted to watch The Conjuring, so I dreadfully sat down on the couch in the theatre room with a box of pizza.

"If I don't sleep tonight I'm blaming you all," I groan causing them to chuckle.

Not even five minutes into the movie, I dropped the piece of pizza out of my hand and covered my eyes. The other three didn't even jump.

"I think watching you get scared is going to be the real entertainment," Addy laughs to which I slap her arm playfully. "I hate this."

After the fourth jump scare, I shake my head and go to stand up. "I'm going to talk to Gracie, this is too traumatising," I declare. "No, stay," Addy grabs my arm, looking up at me with a pout.

My face drops as I glare at her. "Right, well, somebody has to hug me because I will cry otherwise," I huff, sitting back down.

Addy holds her arms open and moves her legs so that I'm able to shuffling closer into her side. "Thank you," I mumble. She hums, pulling her blanket over the both of us.

Somehow, being this close to Addy distracts me from the immense fear I was feeling not even a minute ago. I feel comforted and safe, which is something I feel with only a few people.
However, when she moves to reach for her drink, I'm pulled out of my daze and jump for what feels like the millionth time in the last forty minutes.

"Oh, love," she giggles, pulling my head to her shoulder. "How are you guys not scared?" I ask, turning my head away from the TV and burying it in Addy's neck.

For the rest of the movie, my head pretty much remains in the same position, very rarely choosing to focus on the TV.
When it's finally over, Annie and I go to get a few pillows and blankets to bring back down after deciding we'd sleep in the theatre room.

"Lex, do you like her?" Annie questions, passing my a few pillows. "Like who?"
"Addy, you idiot," she giggles. "What, no. I've known her for like a week," I say. "So? I liked Willow after literally two days," she admits. "Well, I don't like her," I tell my best friend, "I mean, sure I like her as a friend but that's all."

"Okay," she quirks an eyebrow, a smirk on her lips. "What's that face for?"
"Nothing."

__

Monday

The very dreaded move of foster homes is today. In fact, I'm on my way now.
After saying my goodbyes to Kennedy, Joe, Noah and Skye, my social worker picked me up.

I'm not going to lie, it made me sad having to say goodbye to them. Like I've mentioned before, they never felt like family but they did everything to keep me comfortable and safe and I am so grateful for that and desperately hope that my new foster home is just as good.

I got told yesterday after getting back from Annie's that the people taking me in changed at the last minute and now I'm moving in with a family much like the one I just came from. A married couple with a son and a daughter.

Most of the drive there, my eyes are closed due to the lack of sleep I had the last couple of nights because of that stupid movie that scared me half to death. I think the fact that it is based off a true story haunts me more than the actual movie itself.

Anyways, when I did open my eyes I saw that we were in the same neighbourhood that Scarlett lives in which brought me a sense of comfort.

I watched out my window as we got closer and closer to Scarlett's home, until we pulled in the driveway.

My social worker must have noticed the confused look on my face because she looks back at me in her rear view mirror and asks if I'm okay to which I nod with a slight smile.

"Alright, I'll help you with your things," she says, stepping out of the car. I do the same, throwing my backpack over my shoulder and walking to the front door to ring the bell.

It only takes a few seconds for the door to swing open, Scarlett standing on the other side with a wide smile.
"Are you fostering me?" I question hopefully, tears already in my eyes. She nods, immediately embracing me in a hug.

_________
incoming a shit ton of mama scarly