chapter 46.

Scarlett:
"Good afternoon," I greet my eldest daughter as she makes her way downstairs for the first time today. "I am never drinking again," she groans, throwing herself into my arms. "Yeah, that's what they all say."

"How's your head feeling?" I question. "Sore."
"Do you want some ibuprofen?" I suggest to which she nods, her chin resting on my shoulder.

Following me into the kitchen, she takes a seat on one of the stools and lays her head on the counter. "So I take it you don't want to go to school for the last two hours?" I giggle, filling up a glass of water for her. "Nope," she mumbles, her eyes closed again.

After giving her the medicine, I start on making another coffee for myself. "Do you want a coffee? Might help with your hangover?" I suggest. "I don't really like it. Unless you can make it really sweet?" She admits. "I can do that," I smile slightly, "we have vanilla syrup? I can make you a vanilla latte?"
"Yes please," she smiles tiredly.

"Okay," I nod. "Do you have anything planned for this afternoon?"
"No, but I might catch up with Annie later. She hasn't been at school all week because she's been going through a breakup and as far as I'm aware, hasn't left her bed," she informs me.
"Oh no, did she and Willow breakup?" I question genuinely. "Yep. Willow cheated," she sighs, sipping on her water.

"Oh. What a bitch," I say, pouring the coffee beans into the machine. "She is a bitch," Lexie agrees.

Lexie:
Once my headache had worn off and I showered, I finished reading my book which was actual torture. I had no warning from Addy about how sad it was.
It was worth it though, it was an amazing book.

Just after four o'clock, Scarlett drove me to Annie's house. We picked up happy meals from McDonald's on the way because they make everything a little better.

"Lexie, it's been ages!" Annie's little brother, Adam answers the door with Gracie. "You've grown so much!" I gasp. "I know right! I'm big now," he grins and I giggle as I'm let inside.

"I was just about to force her to get out of bed. She hasn't left her room today," Gracie admits. "Hopefully McDonald's helps," I say. "We both know she loves her happy meals," she quirks an eyebrow with a small smile.

I knock on my best friends door, hearing a groan from the other side. "It's Lexie."
The sound of her footsteps become prevalent as she opens the door. "Hi," she smiles sadly. "Hey. How are you feeling?" I question, walking into her bedroom. She only shrugs in response, closing the door behind her.

I look around at the dirty dishes on her nightstand, the pile of clothes on her floor and closed curtains. Annie's always been a neat freak, for as long as I've known her, so this says a lot about how she's coping.

"I bought you a happy meal," I tell her, passing her the bag. She cracks a small smile at this. "Thank you."

I nod as we make our way onto her bed, sitting opposite each other. "Lexie?" She mumbles, taking a shallow breath. "Yeah?"
"I really miss her," she admits, tears slipping down her cheeks.

Immediately I shuffle up next to her, holding her close as she rests her head on my shoulder. "I know it's so stupid because she cheated on me, but I still miss her and it really hurts," she cries.

"It's okay to miss her, Annie, and it's okay to be hurting. What Willow did was not okay.
I want you to know though, that you deserve so much better, and I'm not just saying that because you're my best friend."

For the next couple of minutes, she cries and I hold her, knowing she would do the same for me if the roles were reversed. Which might I add, I desperately hope that they never are.

"Remember how in the beginning of the relationship you said that if she ever broke my heart, you'd nail gun hers?" She reminds me to which I nod. "Well I don't have a nail gun, plus, it's probably not a good idea. But instead we could egg the new car that her parents bought her last week?"

"She got a car? She's not even old enough for a license yet!" I laugh. "I know, it's so stupid," she admits, wiping her tears.

"Do you really think egging her car is the best idea though?" I question. "Probably not, but it will help me feel better. Besides, nobody would have to find out it was us anyway."
"I really hate that I'm enticed by the idea...but fine. Eat your happy meal first," I giggle.

__

When we were finished eating, Annie got dressed into something other than pyjamas and brushed her teeth before putting a pair of Uggs on.

We grabbed our phones and wallets before making our way downstairs. "Mom, Lexie and I are just going for a walk!" Annie announces. "Okay, stay safe girls!" Gracie calls out from the kitchen as we close the front door.

"It's only a twenty minute walk and there's a deli we can stop at on the way," my best friends informs me. "We have to check that they have no security cameras as well, cause I don't want to get in trouble," I say, giggling. "Oh yeah, good idea," she agrees.

After we'd gotten our eggs and arrived at Willows house, we checked to see if there were any cameras which there weren't, as well as making sure nobody was home and since it was only Willow's car in the driveway, we figured they weren't.

"I think we're clear," Annie admits.

"Three. Two. One." We both throw an egg at the car. Mine hits the windshield and Annie's hits the driver's door handle. "Hmm, this is good therapy," she laughs, throwing one egg after the other until the the carton is empty.

__________
Hey, how's life