chapter 27.

Annie:
"Annieee, guess what," Lexie smiles, dramatically sitting down next to me. "What?" I asks. "Spencer started talking to me and turns it, he's actually nice. He even bought me a drink," she whispers excitedly. "He did?" I question curiously.

"Mhm. Andddd, we were talking for like half and hour I started to feel a little dizzy, so he went to get me another drink to help but it only made me feel more sick but then his friend came over and they started talking so I came to see you," my best friend rambles, taking another sip from her cup before she starts giggling.

"What's so funny?" I start to giggle too, which only sets her off even more before her laughter turns into hiccups. "I'm gonna be sick." Her eyes widen. "Oh wait, false alarm."

"Did you feel sick before the party?" I frown, beginning to be a little bit suspicious of the way she's acting. She shakes her head, "Only after I had the punch."
"From Spencer?" I confirm, taking her cup from her. "Mhm," she nods as I smell the drink.

It's most definitely not punch.

"Come with me," I say, taking her hand and bringing her outside the where both mine and Willow's parents are.

"Dad, does this smell right to you?" I pass him the cup. He smells it before pulling his head back. "Oh god, that is strong. I thought I told you there's was to be no alcohol involved tonight?" He questions.

"I know, and I told everybody that but I think some guy spiked Lexie's drink," I explain. "Who?"
"His name is Spencer."
"He's really hot," Lexie chimes in, laughing.

By the look on Dad's face, he's clearly not amused by the situation. "I'm going to tell him to leave," he sighs, standing up from his chair, "in no way is it okay to do that."
I nod in response.

It's not that my parents are completely against drinking, but majority of the people at this party are still fourteen and they don't want to be responsible for thirty drunk underage kids so they had no alcohol policy when I asked to have a birthday party, which I understood.

And who knows what could have happened if Lexie took anymore drinks from Spencer.

"Lexie, honey, you feeling okay?" My mom asks. "I feel great," she smiles widely, holding both her thumbs up. "She felt sick just a minute ago," I tell her.

"Alright, you get back to your party, sweetheart. I'll bring Lex up to your bedroom, yeah?" Mom suggests. "Okay," I nod hesitantly, not necessarily wanting to leave my best friend, but knowing my Mom will stay with her until she's sobered up.

__

Twenty minutes passed before I decided to go up and check on Lexie and I'm glad it did because as I opened my bedroom door, I saw her crying in my Mom's arms.

"What's wrong?" I ask, worried. "She's been sick and keeps asking for her Mom. I went to call her foster mom but she didn't want me to?" She explains, rocking my best friend back and forth.

I sit beside my best friend, rubbing her back with my hand. "Lex, are talking about Scarlett? Do you want me to call her?" I question. "Yes please," she chokes, nodding her head. "Okay, where's your phone?" I ask gently. "In my bag."

After calling Scarlett and explaining the situation, I tried not to freak out about the fact that I was actually on the phone to the Scarlett Johansson before settling on the bed next to Lexie.

In the twenty minutes it took for her to get here, Willow, Lexie and I sat together and chatted before Lex had to leave. The alcohol, or whatever was put in her drink still hasn't completely left her system and she's a little bit woozy, but she's not as out of it as she was half and hour ago.

"I love you," I hug my best friend after walking her out to the car. "I love you too," she mumbles as Scarlett gets out the car to help her in.

Scarlett:
An hour before I got the call from Annie, I was sobbing in Colin's arms after finding out the first application we put in to foster Lexie got denied.

Thank god we still have two more applications still being processed. I don't know what I'm going to do if they don't get approved, but I'm trying not to send myself into a pit of anxiety.

Over these past two months especially, whenever I think of Lexie, I think of her as if she's my own. I love her like she's my daughter and I will jump at any opportunity I get to be a mother to her.

Helping her into the car, I can tell she's not quite with it yet. It breaks my heart to even think that whoever spiked her drinks tonight had the intention to hurt her.

"How do you feel, my sweet girl?" I ask, beginning to drive home. "'M okay," she says tiredly. "How was your day?" She questions, closing her eyes. "It was okay," I sigh, squeezing onto her hand. She hums, turning her head to the side and taking a deep breathe.

The rest of the car ride home Lexie sleeps and when we pull up in the driveway, she doesn't budge. So, I carry her inside and up to her room. Putting her in her bed, I take off her shoes and let her hair out before tucking her in.

"Goodnight, sweetheart," I whisper, gently kissing her forehead.

"Night mom," she mumbles in a half asleep state, barely loud enough for me to hear.

I smile, brushing the hair out of her face as tears form in my eyes. "I love you, Lex."

_________
heyyyy! how are you?

don't know how I feel about this chapter but oh well 🤷🏻‍♀️