chapter 11.

Lexie:
I woke up in the middle of the night feeling sick in my stomach and next thing I knew, my head was hung over the toilet as the contents of my stomach came up. I don't know how I got this sick so quickly but I do not appreciate it.

When I finally felt strong enough to stand back up, I use some of the mouth wash that was in the cabinet of the guest bathroom before deciding to go downstairs to the kitchen to get a glass of water. I don't know if helping myself to something in Scarlett's house is a good idea because I don't want her to be mad at me for it, but I need to wash the taste of vomit out my mouth and I'd rather not wake her up and ask.

Quietly, I make my way downstairs and into the kitchen. I'm slightly startled when I see Scarlett already standing in there with Cosmo on her hip as she's taking a bottle out of the microwave.

"Scarlett?" I whisper to which she turns around so that she's facing me. "You alright, honey? What are you doing up?" She questions in a quiet, husky voice. "Sick," I answer tiredly, "I just came to get some water."
"There's cold bottles in the fridge," she smiles lightly. "Thank you."

"Were you sick, or do you just feel sick?" She asks. "I was sick, but I feel a bit better now," I answer. "Oh sweetheart," she sighs, pressing the back of her hand against my forehead. "You're a bit warm. Let me get you some medicine," she decides.

Putting the baby bottle down, she reaches up to what I assume is the medicine cabinet, and pulls out a pack of paracetamol. "Take two of these," she smiles lightly as she passes me the packet. "Thank you," I mumble.

"I'm going to try and back to sleep," I say. "Okay, honey. You come get me if you need. I'll come check on you once I get Cosmo back to sleep," she tells me to which I nod with a small smile before making my way back upstairs.

When I get back into the bedroom, I crawl under the sheets and curl up into a ball as I close my eyes. My whole body aches from being sick but I'm hoping that sleeping will help it go away.

At least half an hour passes and I have not been able to get back to sleep. I feel a few tears slip down my cheeks from exhaustion and frustration, but very quickly wipe them away and close my eyes as I see the bedroom door creak open.
Footsteps get closer to the bed as I feel Scarlett's hand press against my forehead. "Oh Lex, you're boiling up," she says in a sympathetic tone. I groan and open my eyes again. "Honey, I need to take a blanket off you to bring your temperature down," she whispers as she does so. Immediately my body feels ten times colder than it already was as I curl up into an even tighter ball.

"I'm going to get you a few things, I'll be back in a moment," she admits, kissing my forehead gently before leaving the room.
I turn onto my other side and bring the blanket back over me.

When Scarlett came back, she smirks slightly before taking the blanket away again and placing a damp face washer over my forehead. "It's freezing," I mumble as shives run down my spine. "I know Lex, but we have to bring your temperature down," she sighs, handing me more medicine and a bottle of water.

I sit up slightly to swallow the pills as Scarlett gets into the bed next to me. "What are you doing?" I ask blankly. Every other time an adult has sat next to me in a bed it's never ended well. "I'm giving you a cuddle. I want to make sure you're okay," she smiles softly.

"Oh. Okay," I nod. She takes the water from me and opens her arms. I hesitantly shuffle closer into her until shes holding me in her arms.

I've never had someone take care of me like this before.

Resting my head on Scarlett's chest, her fingers trace up and down my arm as I close my eyes. Despite how sick I feel, I don't think I've ever felt more safe and it only takes a few minutes until I feel myself drifting off to sleep.

Scarlett:
I ended up staying in bed with Lexie until I heard Rose and Colin get up just after six, due to the fact that I couldn't bring her temperature down. I know I'm not her mom, but seeing her this ill makes me worry and there is no way I am letting her go to school this morning.

I'm a little unsure as to what I'm going to do today though. I start work at nine, so does Colin. I mean I could either bring Lexie to set with me and she can rest in her trailer, or if she wanted to she could go home. I don't exactly think she was being honest with me last night when she told me her mom was working the night shift, but I don't think I would've gotten any answers out of her.

At seven I decided to wake Lexie up because I had to leave to take Rose to school and I wanted to know what she wanted to do, whether that was to come with me or stay here with Colin until he had to leave. She opted to stay here with Colin and then I'll come back to get her and bring her to set or drop her back at home.

Lexie:
Whilst Scarlett was taking Rose to school, I got up and showered. I'm feeling slightly better this morning...slightly. There was no way in hell I'd be able to go to school today...and then Scarlett told me that there was no way in hell she'd let me go to school today which made me smile.

I know I still have to work later so I'm going to try my best to rest today. Try.

As much as I'd prefer to go to set and stay in my trailer, I know that I'd rather not come home tonight to my mother screaming at me because the house is a mess - which I have no doubt it is because she's too lazy to do anything herself. So anyways, I'm going to go home and clean a little and put fresh sheets on my bed because of what happened the other night, and then I'm going to sleep until I have to leave for work.

When Scarlett got back, she came up to the guest room with a chai tea from Starbucks. "Have you decided what you want to do today?" She questions softly after convincing me to let her braid my hair. "Yeah, I think I'm gonna go home. I just want to be in my bed," I chuckle. I most definitely do not want to be in my own bed but I can't exactly tell her the real reason.

"Alright honey," she smiles softly, tying a hair band at the bottom of my braid, "I'll see if I can come pick you up in my break then."
"Okay, thank you," I smile, turning around to face her.

"Is someone going to be at home to look after you?" She questions. "My mom should be," I lie. "Okay. Well you can call me if you need me."

The drive back to my apartment was pretty quiet. I'm still not feeling well and am extremely exhausted from not having slept great last night. I had made a mental note of all the things I'd need to get done before I could sleep for a few hours.

Dishes. Laundry. Floors. Bathrooms. Sleep. Work. Sleep again.

That was my plan.

Boy, did that plan go to shit quickly.

_________
hi! how are youuu

3 things
Wakanda Forever WAS INSANELY GOOD. I was sobbing in the first two minutes 👍🏼

I'm seeing Dua lipa tomorrow yayyyyyy

DUDE MY NAT ONE SHOTS ARE GONNA BE SO FREQUENTLY UPDATED WHEN I SHIFT HAHA CAUSE IMMA BASE SOME ON MY OWN LIKE TIME WITH MAMA NAT AND MARIA