chapter 53.

Lexie:
It's the first day of the third week back at school and Junior Year is already panning out on being a lot more stressful than the last two years.
I also have two movies that I'm shooting in the next eight months which means I have to take time away from school.

I still do enjoy it though, it gives me a sense of normality and I think in a way it keeps me grounded. I especially enjoy going because I have really good classes and teachers this semester.

I have Mrs Linch for Art class four times a week, and no Mr Brown for History anymore. He got fired last year. Nobody knows what for but I definitely think it's got something to do with the way he treated his students. 

We also have a new English teacher who in a way reminds me of my Mom. I love that class.

This morning I didn't snooze my alarm like I usually do because it's the first time I get to see Addy in a whole week. I'm leaving a little earlier so I can pick her up and we can get Starbucks on the way.

I have my drivers license now too. It took a good few tests for me to pass, but I did it and for my sixteen birthday Mom and Dad bought me a car.

Yes, I have started calling Colin 'Dad', only recently. It's slipped out a few times before and eventually it just didn't feel right calling him by his name anymore.

The first thing I do is shower and brush my teeth, before of course doing my skincare and getting dressed. It's beginning to get colder again, so I pulled a jacket I stole from my girlfriend out of my dirty laundry basket to put on over my shirt and made my way downstairs.

"Morning," I greet my family who of course is in the kitchen. Mom and Dad are making breakfast, whilst Cosmo is sat on the counter and Rose is eating her waffles. "Morning sweetheart," Mom smiles lovingly, kissing my forehead before Dad does the same.

A smile rests on my face as I go into the fridge and get out my water bottle that I'd left in there overnight.

"How many waffles do you want, Lex?" Dad questions. "I'm not hungry," I tell him, taking a sip of my water. "You have to eat something before school, honey," Mom says, looking at me intently. "I'm really not hungry," I groan.

I watch as she takes a deep breath. "You promise?"
"I promise."
"Okay," she sighs, nodding.

I sit down on the stool beside my sister as Cosmo crawls across the counter and reaches his arms out. "You want a cuddle?" I ask with a smile. He nods enthusiastically, so I lift under his arms and pull him into my lap.

As he starts playing with the ends of my hair, I eye my sister's waffles before deciding to reach across and break off a small piece. "Lexie," she whines, pulling her plate closer to herself. "It was a tiny piece," I say. "It's not your food. Have your own waffles."
"I don't want my own waffles."
"Then don't steal mine," she pouts.
"It was a tiny piece," I repeat myself.

"Girls, stop it," Mom orders.

"Rose, it wasn't a full bite, you'll be okay. But Lexie, if you're hungry I can make you your own food. Don't steal your sisters," she explains.
"I'm not hungry," I sigh, focusing my attention back on my baby brother. Out the corner of my eye, I see both my parents exchange a look but I choose to ignore it.

The next ten minutes go by, Cosmo remaining in my lap until I need to leave. "Here's your lunch, sweetheart," Mom says, handing my the containers. "Thank you, I love you."
"I love you too. Message me when you get there so I know you're safe," she tells me. "I will," I giggle before going over to give Dad a hug.

When I get out the door and into my car, I turn on Taylor Swift of course and make my way over to Addy's house. She has her license too, but prefers to be the passenger so I usually will pick her up most mornings.

I pull up in her driveway ten minutes later and watch as she excitedly steps outside as I get out the car.
We immediately run to each other, catching ourselves in a hug. "I missed you so much," I admit, my voice muffled by her shirt. "I missed you!" She exclaims, pulling away to pepper my face with kisses before her lips are on mine.

"Did you somehow get more beautiful whilst I was away?" My girlfriend asks. She's so cheesy sometimes, but I love it and wouldn't change it for the world. "Don't think so," I play along, "it's the air in San Francisco. It's messing with your mind." 

She shakes her head, giggling, before she kisses me again.

Once we're in the car, Addy puts on her playlist which mainly consists of just Taylor Swift too, as we catch each other up on our weeks.

"My Dad has a new girlfriend," she admits out of the blue. "Oh. Did you meet her?" I question. "Mhm."
"What'd you think?"
"She seems okay, I guess. It's just so strange though, seeing my Dad with someone other than my Mom for the first time," she explains, breathing deeply. I nod at this, taking her hand in mine. "Are you okay?"
"Yeah, I am. It's just...weird. I don't know how to explain it."

When we pull up into the Starbucks parking lot, we decide to go inside and order after seeing the long drive-thru line.

"Who goes to Starbucks and gets a black coffee?" Addy questions with a slight chuckle. I shrug, "same kinda people that go to Starbucks and gets a matcha latte."
"Touché. But at least this has milk in it," she teases.

________
That's such a weird sentence to end on 🐄

Fed you well today, hope you enjoyyy