chapter 40.

Lexie:
As I was sorting through my locker in search for my Math's textbook, I felt a tap on my shoulder, so I whip my head around, forgetting that I decided on leaving my hair down today which meant I accidentally hit the person in the eye with it.

"Ouch," Willow groans. I swallow my pride and apologise, still feeling defensive towards Addy after what she said yesterday.

"It's alright. I-I just wanted to say that I'm sorry about what I said yesterday. I was being a bitch because I got my period. I mean not that it excuses it but you know, it gives context. I was in a shitty mood and I didn't mean what I said."

I nod, taking in her words before asking, "did Annie force you to do this?"

"Apologise? No. She told me that I should, but I did it on my own terms. Plus, she said she wasn't going to kiss me for the rest of the week if I didn't swallow my pride. But, I swear I meant the apology," she explains with a genuine smile.

"Huh, I always thought it would be the other way around," I admit, closing my locker as we begin to walk down the halls. "What do you mean?" She questions. "I mean, I always thought Annie would be the bottom," I shrug with a grin on my face. "Lexie! You can't say that sort of stuff in school!" She whisper-yells. "Besides, why do you know about tops and bottoms? You're meant to be the innocent one."

"Well I might be oblivious, but I'm not stupid," I chuckle.

"You walked in on us when Annie was literally on top of me, how on earth did you think she was bottom?" She asks with a slight laugh. "Well, I didn't exactly take it in. I just saw two very naked bodies and was like 'AHHH' then left."

"I mean, fair enough. I'm still very sorry about that," she giggles.

__

Things were back to normal at lunch. The four of us sat together and it surprisingly wasn't awkward. It was obvious Willow was making more of an effort though to make conversation with Addy, trying to make up for yesterday.

"Took your time," I tease Addy as she finally comes out of the bathroom. "Shut up, the toilets are always busy at the end of the day," she playfully punches my arm.

"Wait, so is Scarlett scary? How do I impress the mom, or mother figure...wait do you call her 'mom'?"  She questions curiously. "I mean I want to, but not yet. Though, it doesn't feel natural calling her 'Scarlett' either," I shrug, "I don't know, it's confusing."

"Okay well, how do I impress the mother figure of the girl I like?"
"You don't need to impress her, Addy. She'll love you," I assure her. "Sweet, but not helpful. Oh also, your birthday is next week, what do you want?"
"Ummm," I think, "can you by me a rocket ship? I wanna be the first woman to land on the moon."
"Sure, let me contact my friend Neil and ask to buy his off of him," she jokes casually.

I laugh as we approach the car, opening the back door for her. "Wow, what a gentleman," she bows her head to me. "Be quiet," I roll my eyes, pushing her in the car.

After getting in, Addy looks at Scarlett, then at me, mouthing something I didn't understand before looking back at Scarlett again. "H-Hi, I'm Addy. It's nice to meet you," she introduces herself, pulling at the sleeves of her shirt. "Hi honey, I'm Scarlett. Lexie's talked a lot about you."
This makes her noticeably blush, causing me to giggle at her.

On the way to picking up Rose, Scarlett gets to know my friend a little before we fall into our own conversation.

"Apparently Rose's teacher wants to talk to me, I'll be back in ten," she admits, turning the engine off. "Okay," I nod.

Once she's out the car, Addy turns to me and flicks my head. "You didn't tell me Scarlett was Scarlett Johansson!"
"Sorry," I giggle, a shit-eating grin on my face. "You're so mean, I can not believe you," she shakes her head, mouth hung open.

I lean over and kiss her cheek as if to say sorry. "You're forgiven," Addy decides, kissing my cheek back.

When Scarlett comes back to the car with a very pouty Rose on her hip, I lean across Addy to help open the door so that my sister can get in her seat.

"Uh oh, what happened, Rosie?" I ask. "Mommy's giving me a timeout at home," she frowns, crossing her arms, keeping her eyes focused on the seat in front of her. "Oh no, what did you do?"

She doesn't answer me, but a little smile curls on her lips before she looks out the window.

"Rosie," I giggle, "what happened?"
"I broke all my friends colouring pencils 'cause she wasn't letting me use them," she pouts, her eyebrows drawing together. I start laughing. "Woah you must have strong hands," I state.

"Lexie, really?" Scarlett warns, looking back at me in the review mirror. "Sorry," I apologise, pursing my lips together.

"Who are you?" Rose questions, looking at my friend. "I'm Addy," she answers with a gentle smile. "Are you Lexie's friend?" She asks curiously. "I am."
My sister nods at this before losing interest and looking back out the window.

When we get home, I show Addy around the house a little before going upstairs to my bedroom and closing the door behind me. "Wait, before we sit down do you want some food?" I question. "Sure," she nods. "Okay, I'll be back in a few," I state, "or you can come down with me, but you don't have to," I add nervously. It hasn't struck me until now that I've never actually had anyone over to my house, ever. Let alone the girl I am head over heels for.

"I'll wait up here, I have to use the bathroom anyway," she giggles to which I nod.

When I get into the kitchen, Scarlett is chopping up a bunch of fruit and vegetables. "Hi," I smile lightly, going up to her and giving her a hug. "Hi my sweet girl, did you have a good day? I didn't get to ask you in the car." She wraps one arms around my back and kisses the top of my head.
"I did. What about you?" I ask. "It was busy, but good."

"I just came to get some food," I admit. "I was actually just about to come bring some up to you. Is there anything Addy is allergic to?" She questions, going back to chopping up an apple. "Just eggs," I giggle. "Well that's convenient, isn't it?" She chuckles.

"Yep," I acknowledge with a giggle. "Do you um...like her so far?" I question, mumbling, feeling slightly nervous. "I do. She seems like a good kid," she admits with a smile. "Do you like her?"

I lift my eyes up from the array of food and meet her gaze. "What do you mean?"
"You know what I mean," she smirks.

I drop my head again and nod slightly. She giggles, "I thought so. Does she know?"
"Yes," I admit, still not making eye contact. "And? What did she say?"
"Well technically she told me first, so," I shrug, looking up with a smile.

"Does that mean you two are a thing?" She quirks an eyebrow. "I mean, we aren't yet, but hopefully," I admit. She nods at this with a grin before putting the knife down, grabbing my shoulders and walking me around the counter and sitting me on one of the stools.

"Okay, ground rules," she starts, resuming what she was previously doing. "Are you serious?" I groan, "Right now?"
"Deadly serious. Now...I don't have a problem with you dating, but you're not even fifteen yet so there is to be absolutely no sex—"

"—Oh my god, mom! Don't be gross!" I complain, throwing my head into my hands.

"I know you're not going to get pregnant or anything, but you're still too...wait, what did you say?" She stops her actions.

"I said 'don't be gross'," I tell her. "No, before that," she asks. "I said...I said 'oh my god, mom'," I realise, looking at her, trying to read what she's thinking.

__________
I figured I haven't left you on a cliffhanger for a while