chapter 56.

Lexie:
"I love you," my girlfriend whispers, pulling her lips away from mine as she straddles my waist.
We haven't actually gotten to starting the essay yet because we got distracted talking for a while, and well, now this.

"I love you too," I smile, throwing my hands around her neck as she rests her forehead against mine.

"Girls, what do you want for dinner?" Mom barges into my room, yet again not knocking. Addy immediately gets off of me and goes red in the face. "Sorry," Mom says, scrunching up her nose.

"Learn," I throw a pillow at her, "to," and another, "knock!" Lastly I throw my bear at her stomach and she catches it. "You done?" She quirks an eyebrow.

I reach behind Addy and throw one more pillow. "Now I'm done."

"Right. What do you want for dinner?" She repeats her question from earlier. "Don't care," I shrug. "You don't have to feed me, I can eat when I get home," Addy adds.
"No, you're staying," I tell her, pouting. "I don't have any of my school things with me," she giggles. "We can get it in the morning?"
"Okay, fine," she decides, narrowing her eyes at me.

"Cute, but still not helpful," Mom chimes in to our conversation. "Some kind of salad?" I suggest. "What with?"
"I don't know, woman," I chuckle, "ask Rose."
"We all know she's gonna ask for chicken nuggets," she quirks an eyebrow. "I could do with some chicken nuggets," Addy adds, shrugging.

Mom giggles, "okay fine. We'll have chicken nuggets and salad."
"Yay!" Addy enthuses, sticking her arms up beside her ears.

"Alright, I'll leave you to get back to your smooching. But do your homework before it gets too late," she warns, stepping out of my room, closing the door behind her.

"She's so embarrassing," I groan to which my girlfriend starts laughing.

The Next Morning

"Hey, guess what?" Addy whispers, moving the hair out of my face as I rest my head on her chest. "Hmm?"
"Your movie comes out tomorrow!" She squeals. "I know!" I look up at her with a wide smile, pecking her lips. "You need to brush your teeth," I say. "You don't hear me complaining about your breath!"

I narrow my eyes before resting my head back on her chest.

"I don't wanna go to school today," she mumbles, sighing. "Why?"
"Because I only have one class with you. All my classes are with the bitchy girls and I don't wanna deal with them. They're so disruptive as well," she explains.

"You mean Willow and her group?" I giggle. "Yep."
"Yeah, she's turned into a real bitch, hasn't she?"
"Yep," she repeats, breathing deeply.

"Has she been a bitch to you?" I frown, looking back up at her. "I mean, a little. It's not a big deal though," she shrugs.

"What's she doing?" I ask.

"Well, you know, it's just stupid stuff like quietly laughing whenever I walk into class or am giving a presentation, and then there was...actually it's fine," she stops herself, managing a small smile. "No, go on," I say, feeling a sense of anger rise up in me.

"She just said something about you and I one time."

"Which was?"

"I don't want to go into it anymore," she decides. "Well, if she said something about me, I wanna know," I explain. "I will tell you, just not right now."
"Why?"
"Because, it's enough having to deal with her all day, I don't want to spend my morning talking about her."
"Fine," I sigh, rolling to the side of her.

"Is it something bad?" I question. "Lexie," she groans, throwing her hands on her face. "Well when you get told someone said something bad about you, you wanna know what it is," I argue.

Instead of answering, she stands up and makes her way over to my bathroom, locking the door behind her.

A few moments later I hear the shower water turn on, so I drag myself out of bed and downstairs to make coffee, ignoring how I'm feeling.

Maybe I was a little pushy though.

"Morning!" My little sister smiles, her mouth full of cereal. I return the smile lightly before taking a mug out of the cabinet.

"We're all out of milk, honey," Mom tells me, walking into the kitchen. "I'll have it black," I mumble, pouring the coffee beans into the machine.

"Okay," she says, "what do you want for breakfast?"
"I don't want breakfast," I tell her.

"Lexie's in a bad mood," Rose says out of the blue.

"Says who?" I ask, turning around. "I can sense it," she shrugs casually. "Well alright. Surely that means you can sense that it's probably not a good idea to tell people they're in a bad mood when they're so obviously in a bad mood then?" I snap, taking my cup of coffee as I make my way back up to my room.

________
Apologies for the short chapter, my brain literally could not focus anymore

Also this is so dramatic for no reason but we move on