chapter 54.

Lexie:
I stood in the hallway in front of mine and Addy's locker talking to Annie. My girlfriend had her arms wrapped around my waist from behind while resting her chin on my shoulder.

We arrived at school a little earlier than usual which meant we had time to kill before class.
"That boy in the grey shirt could not make it more obvious he's staring at you," Addy mumbles, her eyebrows drawn together.
I follow her gaze to see someone I haven't seen since I was in my foster home, which was only a year and a half ago but it feels like much longer.

"Oh, that's Elliot," I say, waving at him. "Elliot?" Annie's eyes widen, whipping her head around. "Who's Elliot?" Addy questions, her chin still resting on my shoulder. "He was my foster brothers best friend."
"And also was hopelessly in love with Lexie," my best friend adds so I send her a glare.

I turn my head to my girlfriend. She's pouting like a three year old as she looks up at me, narrowing her eyes. "I don't like him," she declares.

I chuckle before kissing her forehead. "Feel better?"
She shakes her head.
I kiss her lips. "Now?"
"Now's it better," she decides, smiling.

"Has he always gone here?" She adds. "No, he used to go somewhere in downtown, he must have just started," I explain to which she nods.
"He's coming over," Annie informs us, lowering her head.

"Hey Lexie," he smiles, awkwardly waving. "Hey," I return the smile, "did you just start here?"
"Uh yeah, we moved up this way so I switched schools," he explains to which I nod.

"Well, this is my best friend Annie, and this is my girlfriend Addy," I inform him. Annie says a hello, but Addy just acknowledges him with a smile.

Luckily, we're saved by the bell. Literally.

"I'll see you 'round then," he says with a single nod.

"He definitely just checked you out," Annie laughs to which I roll my eyes. "I don't like him," my girlfriend repeats her words from earlier. "I know, I gathered that Add's," I laugh, patting her head.

"Right well, I gotta go learn about something I don't understand," Annie admits, saluting us as she makes her way to Math.

I giggle before turning my attention back to my pouting girlfriend. "Did you ever like Elliot back?" She asks, crossing her arms over her chest. "No," I laugh, "I promise. You can stop being jealous now."
"I am not jealous," she says, sarcasm evident in her tone. "It's fine, I'd be upset if you weren't jealous," I assure her, giggling, as we make our way to Art class.

__

During lunch Annie, Addy and I sat at our usual tree. Our new friend Ivy joined us too for the first time.

Ivy started at this school a few weeks ago, and Annie has very obviously developed a crush on her.

...Apparently she has a thing for girls named after plants.

She hasn't dated anyone since Willow. It took a little while for her to heal completely and be able to trust someone again.
From what I've gathered, Ivy is the complete opposite to Willow though. They couldn't be more different. It's like comparing Enid and Wednesday Addams. Almost.

"You gonna eat?" My girlfriend asks, a gentle smile resting on her lips. "Not really hungry," I shrug. "You sure? It might help your brain get through double Math this afternoon," she giggles, taking a bite of her sandwich.

I ponder on what she says for a moment as it starts to feel like the insides of my stomach are twisting. "If you're not hungry enough for a meal, I have some raspberries and grapes?" She offers kindly.

"Okay, yes please," I decide. With a smile on her face, she goes into her lunch box and takes out the container of fruit and hands it to me. "Thank you," I say. She smiles with a nod before starting up a conversation with Annie and Ivy, and resting her hand just above my knee.

I feel my entire body heat up and my face turn a shade of red.

Despite the fact Addy and I have been together for over a year, we were only fifteen when our relationship started and weren't ready for anything really intimate. I've also had to work through a lot in therapy, due to past sexual assault and the whole pregnancy thing.

So no, we haven't had sex yet. We've talked about it, sure. The last time being a couple of months ago, but I think it's changed since then. Well, it has for me at least. I just don't know how to bring it up to her without it being extremely awkward.

__

When I got home from school, it was just me there. Mom was picking up Rose and has obviously taken Cosmo with her, and Dad was at work.

The first thing I did was put my uneaten lunch in the fridge so the food didn't go to waste, before making myself a cup of tea.
Just as the kettle finished boiling, I heard my sister barge through the door.

"Lexie! I got five stickers at school today!" She comes running into the kitchen, squealing. "Yay! Good job, Rosie," I smile widely, lifting her into my arms. "Thank you," she smiles, resting her head on my shoulder.

"Hi sweetheart, how was your day?" Mom questions, carrying Cosmo in on her hip. "It was good," I reply, with a small smile. "I'm making tea, do you want some?" I offer.

"I'm okay thank you, honey," she says, placing my brother down. "I want a tea please, Lexie," my sister asks sweetly. "Alright."

I put her down and get on with it as Mom goes into the fridge, presumably to make Rose a snack.

"Lexie?" She questions, as I have my back to her, pouring the boiling water into the mugs. "Yeah?"
"Did you not eat your lunch?"

I place the kettle down and turn around to face her to see that she's holding the container of pasta. "I wasn't that hungry," I explain, leaning back against the counter. "Did you eat anything?" She frowns, her tone softening.

"I had fruit and a croissant from Starbucks this morning," I lie, turning back around to finish making the tea.

She doesn't answer me, but only a few moments later she comes to stand behind me with one of her homemade blueberry muffins in hand. "I want you to eat, please," she says, her tone serious. I don't answer her and instead pass Rose her tea. "Thanks," she smiles, picking up the mug with both hands.

"Lexie," she warns.

I glare at her before snatching the muffin from her hands and picking up my mug in the other before storming upstairs.

__________
Hiiii :)

What are your sun, moon and rising signsss?