chapter 16.

Scarlett:
With Lexie ending up in hospital, I knew whatever had led to her being there would've been bad but seeing her with multiple stitches on her face whilst she sat in a hospital room by herself at fourteen years old made my heart hurt at a level I didn't know was possible.

I held her so tightly in my arms as she sobbed, not wanting to ever let her go. My love for this child is more than I'd ever admit to anyone.

It took a good twenty minutes for her to be able to calm down and her cries to turn into small whimpers. "Sweetheart, do you want to talk about what happened?" I offer softly. "I don't know," she mumbles into my chest. I nod, pressing my lips against the top of her head, pulling her impossibly closer.

"I have to move into a foster home tomorrow," she admits in a whisper. I feel myself take a deep breath as my vision becomes blurry with tears. I knew something seemed off and granted I don't know what happened, I want to hurt whoever's hurt this kid.

"Oh baby, I'm so sorry," I whisper, trying to withhold my tears from falling. She shrugs at this and wipes her eyes.

"At least I don't have to be scared about my mom hurting me now, but I'm terrified of moving in with people I've never met," she admits with a shaky breath.

I've never wanted to hurt someone more than I do right now. How anyone could ever hurt their child is beyond me. I don't care what you've had to go through in your life, there's no excuse for that.

"Lexie honey, you are always welcome in my home and if you ever need to stay the night just text me. I know you're scared right now, but I am always going to be here to give you the biggest cuddles, okay?" I assure her. I didn't want to mention anything about her mom because the words that would come out of my mouth would not be pretty and Lexie doesn't need to hear that.

She nods against my chest and moves her arms so that they are wrapped around my waist. "Thank you for being here," she speaks shyly, looking up at me. "Of course my sweet girl," I smile down at her.

"Do you have anybody staying the night with you?" I questions to which she shakes her head. "Would you like me to stay?" I offer. She doesn't say anything for a moment before nodding her head.

"What about Rose and Cosmo?" She asks. "They're at their grandparents tonight," I explain.

We fall into a comfortable silence for a few moments and she remains cuddled up to me. "How was work?" She asks. "It was good," I smile lightly just Lexie's phone vibrates. She goes to pick it up but can't reach so I pass it to her. "Thanks."

"My friend Annie said she's on her way up now," she tells me. "Is this the same Annie whose house I dropped you at the other day?" I question. "Yeah," she nods.

Lexie:
When Annie and her mom get to my door I sit up properly before trying to stand up. Truthfully, my stomach is in a lot of pain still which I don't know if it's normal but I pushed past it as Annie came over to give me a hug.

"We come baring tacos, and chocolate and I bought you a bear too," she admits, pulling away from the hug and passing me a teddy bear. I smile, "thank you," before hugging her again, and then her mom, Gracie.

Scarlett had stood up from the bed and introduced herself to Gracie so Annie and I sat down on the bed as we began to eat our tacos.
Gracie and Scarlett sat on the couch near the window and had a conversation in the meantime.

"So..." Annie says. "So?"
"Am I expected to just not freak out about the fact that Scarlett Johansson is sitting like two feet away from me or?" She whispers. "Yes," I laugh.

"Girls, we're just gonna go down the the cafeteria to get drinks since I forgot," Gracie announces with a small chuckle. Both Annie and I nod before Scarlett gives me a quick kiss on the forehead. "Be back in ten."

"So, do you want to talk about what happened?" Annie questions. "I mean, I don't really want to go into it, it's been a very exhausting day. But my mom has now lost her rights to parent me and I have to be put in foster care," I explain with a shaky breath.

Annie's face drops as her lips fall into a frown. "Lex, I'm so sorry," she breathes as she moves the tacos out the way before hugging me. "Can I do anything?"
"Just you being here has helped, but we can't go back and change it so I guess I just have to accept it," I shrug.

"Actually, there's one more thing I need to tell you but I'm not ready to tell anyone else yet," I admit. "Okay, I'll keep it a secret," she smiles reassuringly. "A-A couple months ago, I...I was raped, and today I found out that I was not only pregnant but I-I had a miscarriage."

A tear drops down Annie's cheek as she wipes away my own. "I don't even know what to say except that I am so, so sorry Lexie," she cries and wraps her arms around me tightly.

There's a slight knock at the door as I see Scarlett walk in. She has a slightly sad smile on her face. "I just forgot my purse," she admits to which I nod as Annie pulls away from the hug.

Scarlett sends me another smile before she leaves the room again. "Do you think she heard that?" I ask Annie, concerned. "I don't know," she shrugs, "probably not."

I nod and take another bite of my taco. "That's enough depressing stuff for one day, tell me something happy," I say. "I actually do have something to tell you," she smiles nervously. "Uh oh, what did you do?" I laugh, causing her jaw to hang open. "I didn't do anything thank you very much," she giggles.

"But before I tell you, I need to tell you something else first," she sighs anxiously. "Which is?" I quirk an eyebrow.

"I'm a lesbian...I think. I don't know, I might be bi. I'm going through this whole confusing stage at the moment," she laughs nervously.

I smile widely and grab onto her face. "Honestly, kinda saw that coming but I'm so proud of you," I tell her. "We should do something to celebrate you coming out! I'm gonna buy you a cake and we can eat it at school on Monday!" I enthuse.

Annie laughs with tears in her eyes. "Why are you crying?" I pout. She shrugs, "I didn't realise how scary it was to come out."
"Aww Annie," I coo and pull her into a tight hug.

"What was the other thing you wanted to say?" I question. "Oh yeah, I...I got kissed today," she admits shyly. "By who!?" I gasp.

"You know Willow? She sits in front of us in History?" She asks. "Yeah? Was it her!?" I try not to scream in excitement. She nods. "We've been talking for like a month and I've had a huge crush on her and she said she liked me too about a week ago and she finally kissed me."

"Annie, I'm so happy for you!" I admit with a wide smile. "Thanks," she brings her shoulders up to her eyes and her knees to her chest.

__________
did a very lazy proofread of this so ignore any mistakes:)

I hope you have an amazing day/night !!