16 - Fallin'

- Jungwon PoV -

"I..." I start to say to Sora. "Like you..." My voice fades when I notices her eyes slowly blinking.

Within the next second, she collapses in my arms. Like a ragdoll, she feels lifeless as I hold her in complete shock.

We fall to the ground, "Sora!" I shake her. "Sora!" I shout again.

This can't be the moment her lungs give out on her. The moment where it was just me and her. Her and me. The moment where even though there's zombies and the world feels like it's collapsing, we had each other... so it was okay.

The moment where I confessed my feelings to not only her... but to myself also...

My heart beats a million times per second, scared of the thought of losing her... all because of me.

I quickly lay her down on the floor to check her pulse. I look at the clock on the wall to keep track of how many beats her heart is pumping in a minute.

It's slowly declining.

I take a few deep breathes in and out to prepare myself for CPR. Am I certified? No? Have I watched plenty of medical dramas?... 

No, but I have seen Hospital Playlist and that's all I have right now!!

I roll up my sleeves, slightly open her mouth, and hover my hands over Sora's chest.

I close my eyes, cringing at myself. This is the only thing I can do right now...

I have to save her.

I place my hands on the center of her chest and give her 30 chest compressions before giving her mouth-to-mouth. 

I perform the cycle over and over again, but... nothing.

Sweat drips down my face as I cover my face with my hands.... frustrated and disappointed with myself. 

I let her down. 

"You're not crying... right?"

I gasp, with tears in my eyes seeing Sora's eyes half way open.

"Sora.." I softly say placing my hands around her face. "How do you feel are you okay?" I ask her as my tears slowly stream down my face.

I gently position her head onto my lap so that she can breathe easier. 

Even though I'm glad she's awake, she starts coughing, and that's not a good sign...

"So you are crying..." she weakly says when she stops.

She shakily lifts her hand and wipes away my tears with her thumb, "I hate that you're a pretty crier."

I softly smile, "Did you just call me pretty?"

She puts down her hand, "That's enough."

I giggle grabbing her hand again, placing it on my face. 

Her soft... small hand... so fragile and delicate...

"You're so cold," she quietly says looking at me. 

I shake my head, "I'm fine.."

She then slowly starts to sit up, coughing as she does...

"Ya.. what are you doing?" I question her with my hand behind her back. "Lay back down."

She ignores me. Instead of laying back down, she starts to take off the jean jacket that I gave to her.

"Sora.. no," I protest, but she continues to do what she pleases.