20 - Is this the End?

- Sora PoV -

"Mom?"

Me and Jungwon look at the woman who's completely stunting a police look with a bulletproof vest and pistols on her waist. 

Except this woman is not the police, it's Jungwon's mother...

"Jungwon-ah," her eyes start to swell up in tears. She then looks at me, "Sora-yah.." 

She pulls us into a hug, squeezing us until we can no longer breathe.

"Mom," Jungwon strains out. "I can't breathe."

She pulls away sniffling, "I'm just so happy I found you all."

Jungwon looks at her up and down, "Nice... look."

She shrugs, "The rest of the group is in the gym. I saw them run in there."

Her eyes then go down to Jungwon's ankle, "What happened to you? Are you okay?"

Jungwon sighs with a smile, "I'm fine for crying out loud. Just a small scratch."

She keeps looking at his ankle worried, "Jungwon-ah, this is not the time to lie."

He laughs and looks at the both of us, "You two are funny! I'm fine! Really!"

She sighs not believing him either, but we don't have time to fight with Jungwon and his stubbornness.

When we walk out of the small storage room, zombies are dead on the floor with blood coming out their heads. 

I look at some of them, recognizing my classmates, wondering what would have happened if our country had come up with a cure. 

My peers would never see their families or their future, ever again.

We sneak around, tip toeing around towards the gym. Even though auntie has a gun with an obviously impressive aim, these things can just come running out.

"I'm going in first," she whispers to us with one hand on the door handle and the other holding the gun.

I must admit, I've never thought of auntie as the badass zombie killer. She always looked soft and dainty every time I saw her. I'm suddenly in love.

3

2

1

She opens the door immediately aiming the gun to whoever and whatever she saw. But instead of the sounds of snarls, we hear-

"MOMMY!!" 

Me and Jungwon go into the gym to see Jaewon and Auntie hugging.

Behind them is the rest of the crew including Heeseung and Sunghoon.

"Ya!" Heeseung yells as him and Sunghoon run up to hug Jungwon. 

"I truly hate it here! These past two days have been nothing but torture especially since I had to spend it with those two!!" Jaewon points at Heeseung and Sunghoon crying her eyes out.

"Sora!" Sunoo runs up to me and hugs me. "Are you okay?" He pulls away observing me for any bruises or cuts.

I hide my smile seeing my big brother actually act like a big brother. It makes me even more willing to live.

After closing the doors, we all sit around in a circle to plan out our next moves.

"So you're saying dad was coming for us?" Heeseung questions Harin.

"He's good for nothing," mumbles Harin.

Taeho groans, "I just want to get the fu-"

Auntie clears her throat glaring at Taeho.