I

It was a mistake. His farce of marriage was a mistake. Wei Wuxian stared at Lan Wangji's figure. His eyes were filled with un-shed tears he kept for all those years. He stood there, frozen, unmoving, his grip on the white bundle in his arms tightening. He was crying but no sobs could be heard.

"Lan Zhan..." He whispered broken heartedly. To see his husband marrying another, tying his ribbon to another, and bowing three times in a proper wedding they never had. His heart broke, cracking up in excruciating pain. 'Lan Wangji never liked me...'

Everything between us...

Was a big mistake...

The loud wail of the child in his arms filled the serene silence of Cloud Recesses taking all attention to himself. Wei Wuxian can no longer hear anything even his child's cry. His eyes fixed on Lan Wangji whose eyes widen in surprise.

He bowed and turned around. Taking his child away from his own home, away from his father.

He feels so lost...

So betrayed...

What happened to his promise?

What happened to his return?

Did Lan Wangji just play with his feelings?

He loves him. Really... Loves him.

Yet... Yet...

Ah... Wei Wuxian smiled, 'now that I realized... He never really did give me that ribbon.'

The rain continuously flows down. He lifted his face and meet the rain. His outer robe already covered his little one.

"A-Yuan... My Yuan... Your father has someone he wants by his side..." He whispered, "mama can't give you a family... I'm sorry that mama can't save you now.."

Purple uniform spread out. Two Alpha's stood before him. Their scents comforted him. Their warm gazes filled some gap in the void inside him.

He smiled... He smiled bitterly. The two Alpha's stared at him in his state. He was completely malnourished, hurt, and in pain. His robes were tattered, his hair flowing in an undone ponytail, his arms were filled with cuts and bruises, and his feet... It was bare and full of cuts, too painful to watch. His face smudged with blood. And... His robes... All stained with blood, just like when he was still a street rat several years ago.

Swear, Jiang Wanyin should have never allowed him to be near that piece of shit. He should have never allowed him to go back to that person after the war. He should've fought and forced him to stay. He should've protected his brother from the pain of that love and loneliness.

"Jiang... *sobs* Cheng... *sobs*... Brother.... *sobs*. Uncle..*sobs*. Jiang..." He finally sobbed, kneeling, the bundle in his arms crying, "help me... *sobs*... Please..."

Jiang Fengmian couldn't help but shed tears for his adopted son. Kneeling in front of him, he reached for his face and smiled, "come with me? Back home okay?"

Swear to all the gods, he will never forgive that person. Taking the bundle from Wei Wuxian's arms, Jiang Wanyin took charge of supporting his brother. They were about to set off. When a commanding voice halted their movements.

"WEI YING!"

However, the YunmengJiang sect created a barricade, protecting Wei Wuxian from the rest of the world.

"Not another step Second Young Master Lan..." Jiang Fengmian growled, tightening his hold over the baby, his sword gleaming with a deadly glint ready to kill anyone in his way.