XXVI

"I am home..."

For the moment Wei Wuxian held his child in his arms, it never felt the same cold and agonized one. It was something much intimate, open and loving. No rules, no grounds, no barriers keeping them in a distance.

Their tears fell as they felt the warm hand holding them in place. Lan Wangji immediately sent spiritual energy to his son. His hand trembling as he pat his son's back. In his arms, he had Wei Wuxian and his son. For the first time, he held them as a father.. as a husband.

They settled their son in between them. He had a smile, small smile, one contented and happy. One never been expressed.

A-Yuan's right hand reached for Wei Wuxian's face, his left hand continued to hold his father's hand. Breathing shallowly, he smiled even more.

"Finally..." A-Yuan whispered, "You're by my side..."

He might have longed for these people with whom he had never been with before. When he had all freedom and time, he had nothing particular to worry about and remained silent.

He knew tiredness, like he never knew it, before feeling that those days run into this day that are exactly the same.

It might seem like a never-ending cycle. But he never forget... There is a last time for everything. There will come a time when his desire would consumed him,—wishes he made went real.... for the very last time.... He was happy... More than what he had been all this time.

He found fault at their shortcomings. Fault on their undying love.

He remained ignorant of everything around him.

He wished to fall asleep on then after long days of wait. The last day he will ever hold them.

He wished to be carried on their hip and on their head. He wished to be picked up and held high to the heavens.

Have them scrub his hair in the bath one time, but he was one who had been alone for years.

He wanted them to hold his hand to cross the roads he'll take but no one was there by his side.

He dreamed of creeping into their room at midnight for cuddles and let it be night where he'll wake up with nothing.

He wishes for them to sing the lovesong of their beginnings and do all the actions but no one sang that song for him.

He wished for a moment where he'll be kissed goodbye and welcome home but he ended up walking to the gate alone.

He wished for someone to read him stories and wipe his dirty face where he found himself alone watching others carelessly wished for their parents disappear.

He fantasized of running to them with his arms raised for a hug, the thing is, he didn't even know when.

Times and times again, and even then, it take him a while to realize—he was living alone all this time.

He remembered this wishes, basked selfishly for a moment....

To yearn for them just one more day with them.

He promised... Promised himself...

That he'll let go... And bury all happy memories..

"I'm sorry..." Whispering all his faults for remaining silent, for believing that they betrayed him, "I'm sorry..."

For making him happy.

For making him everything they had.

For losing so much for him.

For taking their love for granted.

For his selfishness and inactions that hurt himself.

"I'm sorry... A-Niang.... A-Diē....." For this, he was also at fault, "I'm sorry..."

"Why are you sorry? You've done nothing wrong..."

His life would be nothing if not for them.

He was the one who sent his mother to his death.

He was the one who imprisoned his father.

He was the source of their pain.

He made their heart rot away in sadness.

Yet...

Yet...

"Thank you..." He whispered, "for being... my... parents..."

Forever, he will be thankful, being blessed with them as his parent.

Forever, he will be happy, for this encounter and his wishes coming true.

"A-Diē... Smile for me..." Yuan whispered, "a smile suits you best..."

"A-Niang..." Whispering another words, "warm... You're so warm."

Both Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji frozed.

"I... love... you..."

His hand fall on the ground no longer grasping Lan Wangji's.

The whole area stilled as both parents stopped and blankly stared at their lifeless child.

No one ever expected it...

But thorn like resentful energies surge forward killing every single traitor there.

Not until, Lan Wangji spun around glaring at the elders who backed away.

"Xichen! Stop Wangji!" Qingheng-jun shouted.

But...

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

A mournful howl echoed, the icy glare turn even colder and duller.

Bichen rose on it's own and stabbed right through Lan Qiren who was able to dodge before he had a mortal wound.

Lan Wangji stood motionless. His hands lay by his side swaying as he stepped forward.

"Bichen..." His cold voice called, "you... will... pay..."

On his toes, Lan Wangji place a hand on his eyes as ge stumbled, "haha..." He laughed, "hahahahah..." Maniacally.

The elders, Jin Guangshan and Lan Qiren begun retreating.

The suffocating aura almost drown them.

Not one... But two energies mingles and created a large portion of damage.

Lan Wangji stared coldly gritting in fury, his face spelled death like a reaper about to collect lives.

Wei Wuxian laughed coldly and defiantly with his eyes filled with malice and resentment.

They will claim on what is due to be paid.

If life was taken... Life it is as payment...

..to be continued...