XXIX

"you're alive.." Jiang Wanyin deadpanned seriously, "then... We can have our marriage now..."

Wei Wuxian never expected that the moment he returned and face his family, the matter of marriage was pressed to him. He glanced at Lan Wangji back and forth but the stoic man never said a thing opposing or agreeing to the arrangement. He had his son sitting between then who declared, "No Uncle Cheng! A-Niang won't marry you! He will marry A-Die!"

For once Jiang Wanyin just stared at A-Yuan who in all aspect had his father's indifferent face worn. Both the Jiangs and Lans present had a competitive edge of whom shall Wei Wuxian belong to.

"Of course... A-Xian had agreed to this marriage before hand..." Jiang Fengmian panned.

"*Coughs* I believe that was made out in a spur of the moment of anger... But the we still had their marriage agreement..." Qingheng-jun.

The tension even got worse with two matriarch's had their brows raised in defiance.

Yu Ziyuan, "I remember the Lan's dissolving the marriage and I burned the letter sixteen years ago."

Lan FengYan, "hoho... If I say I have all my son's marriage agreement will you believe me? *Takes out Wei Wuxian's and Lan Wangji's agreement* it still stands... As the Lan Matriarch I had these documents in my keep."

And it didn't even help that the big brother Xichen and big sister Yanli joining the argument.

Lan Xichen, "everything was premeditated.. it was out of their league before considering the careful machinations of our elders.. Wangji may have left A-Xian but he never intended to leave him before... He was made believe to a lie spouted before..."

Jiang Yanli, "Zewu-jun... Even though Wangji never intended to leave my little brother, he still did.. such neglect can be repeated.. my brother broke his heart many times for him... I wouldn't mind him find another happiness that is not with him..."

Wei Wuxian watched his families spout their 'rawrs' and 'kraws'. He glanced at Lan Wangji who never said a thing and just staring over the cup of tea in his hand.

The family dinner ended with him retiring early.

He and Lan Wangji needed to talk.

He decided to go to his son's room and saw his child sleeping soundly on his father. He decided to climb the bed and settled beside Lan Wangji.

"He's sixteen and he acts like tree year's old..." He softly chuckle, brushing the strands of hair from his son's face.

"He got your sleeping habit." Lan Wangji whispered, "deep sleeper... His grabbing tendencies... specially his clinging tendencies..."

Both of them chuckled, Lan Wangji raised his right arm allowing Wei Wuxian to manuevered himself into Lan Wangji's arms. He made use of the arms as his pillow, his arms snake at his son's back. He felt Lan Wangji's arm rest on his waist. There was this comforting silence, Wei Wuxian couldn't help but cry, burying himself to Lan Wangji's arms. This was the image he longed all those years.

"We need to talk..." Lan Wangji said.

"Tomorrow..." Wei Wuxian declared, kissing Lan Wangji's jaw before he let himself fall asleep, "tomorrow..."

However, their plan to talk things out never happened... For the wedding was done the next day.

Wei Wuxian tried to find Lan Wangji. However, Lan Xichen could only give him a letter written in Lan Wangji's calligraphy. It was a letter addressed to him. While everyone is trying to dress him... He reads.