II

[Twenty three years ago]

~Wei Wuxian's Part~

"Clothes? Pouches? Your snack! Oh my! I forgot to pack more!" Jiang Yanli panicked. She packed more sweets, and all other kinds of food for his brothers, "A-Xian, did you bring a suppressant? You should pack for a good year! Take this tea okay? And behave!"

Wei Wuxian laughed at Jiang Yanli who was fussing like a mother hen. Jiang Wanyin just huffed in agreement and watched with a gleeful expression.

"A-Jie... Please don't pack those female robes, please! I am a male!" Wei Wuxian exclaimed after finding out what his sister packed inside the qiankun pouch.

"You're more like a girl than a boy... Okay?" Jiang Wanyin deadpanned and smirked. Well, it was just a prank he and Jiang Yanli wanted to test for the last record Wei Wuxian pulled a prank on him. Thank goodness that Jiang Yanli played along with his plans.

"Oh... I thought my little three-year-old Xian-xian is a girl!" Jiang Yanli teased.

"Three-year-old Xian-xian is a boy! Jiejie!"

These blissful moments are theirs and theirs alone. This was their happy moment. Jiang Yanli stopped in her tracks, and stared at them, "I'll be lonely..."

"We'll write letters.." both her brother's replied, "and sent you trinkets..."

"You'll visit them, A-Li..." Jiang Fengmian chided his daughter the moment he appeared, "you ready?"

"Yes..."

"Good... We'll go to Gusu now.."

Wei Wuxian was Cangse Sanren and Wei Changze son. He was adopted ten years ago by Jiang Fengmian and Yu Ziyuan who happened to run into him at Yiling. The two raised him as their own son. Well, Madam Yu is as stern as they say, and she trained him far worse than any of the disciples in hopes of protecting himself. Wei Wuxian is an omega, a rare one, a rare male omega.

Yu Ziyuan was already waiting at the docks. She scanned through Jiang Wanyin and Wei Wuxian before giving them a path. Patting their cheeks, she smiled at them and said, "do.not.break.any.rules.."

Wei Wuxian just gave her a cheeky grin, in response he got her brows to raise at him, "mind my words... If some alpha bullies you hit them where it hurts the most... And A-Cheng... Good luck... Don't follow your brother's footsteps okay?"

After bidding their goodbyes, the YunmengJiang contingent finally set off for Gusu. They arrived late in the afternoon. They were oriented of do's and don'ts and for the love of god, Wei Wuxian hasn't started any mischief yet... Yes yet...

Lan Qiren could only just huff in disagreement. He remained stoic and strict even though nothing is done yet.

The arrangements were made. He made friends with another Omega from Nie Sect. And almost had a fight with the peacock master of LanlingJin.

"I need to get out..." He declared.

Jiang Wanyin snorted at him, "go on... Just don't get your sorry ass whipped tomorrow with punishments."

Wei Wuxian grinned and started to wander. He even bought two jars of Emperor's Smile, he was about to enter cloud recesses when a cold voice refrained him from entering. He glanced up.

A man in pristine white stood before him, the scent of sandalwood permeated. He was mesmerized by his unparalleled beauty, the rustles of the wind made him more ephemeral, and the moon that stood still behind the man shone brightly and grace the young man an unworldly grandeur.