three

This is the outfit I'm imagining Matilda in, just so you can picture it!! I might start doing this more often :)

NOVEMBER 17TH, 2022

Tastes like strawberries, on a summer evening, and it sounds just like a song, I want your -

The sound of Watermelon Sugar was definitely upbeat enough for my alarm, and it did just that. At seven am sharp I awoke from my sleep, feeling genuinely refreshed this morning because I'd forced myself to sleep before eleven last night.

Reluctantly I turned my alarm off, but not before having a momentary dance along to the lyrics. One of these days I would see him live. I'd make it my mission. Unfortunately, I missed out the last time he came to London, and I also hadn't managed to get tickets for next year either, but I had faith. I'm sure it would happen.

Anyway, today was the day I was officially starting my new job as the lead photographer for the Sidemen. I'd actually only discovered that it was their name after I'd tried searching for them online, considering no one had actually told me.

I then, however, realised my open stupidity when I realised that all of the clothes they had been wearing at the shoot the other day were their own, and if I actually took notice, I would've been able to see quite easily that it read: Sidemen.

I'd actually ended up going down quite a rabbit hole when I searched for them, and it lead to me finding each of their social medias. I felt too awkward to follow any of them, not wanting them to think I was some crazy fan in disguise. I mean, it is pretty clear I'm not, but I still wanted to impose a good impression. I've learnt that making one bad move can change everything in a job.

I wanted to wear something a little smarter today, but retaining the comfort, because I knew we would be there for a couple hours, if not more as Kon had told me.

I ended up choosing some black wide leg trousers, along with a green silk top and a black blazer. I'd worn it before at my old job, and it had been appropriate then, so I hoped it was appropriate now. I envisioned the outfit with my white trainers this time, and also some gold jewellery, but before all of that I wanted to have a shower, so I laid out my clothes over the back of my chair as I headed towards the bathroom.

The one thing I didn't like so much about this apartment was the shared bathroom, but Kon was surprisingly clean so it made the situation a whole lot better. He was also a shower-really-late-at-night kind of guy, and I was a shower-straight-away-in-the-morning kind of girl, so it worked.

"'Tilda, that you?" He called out from the living room. He must be back from his early morning walk already.

"Yep! Just heading into the shower," I let him know, waiting for a second outside the bathroom door in case he had anything else to say.