eight

outfit inspo for this chapter:

Keep an eagle eye out this chapter

Keep an eagle eye out this chapter. There's one bit of foreshadowing that plays a huge role later on in the book...I wonder if any of you will guess which part it is and if you'll remember it later on?!?!?!

(p.s. I'm just imagining Harrys reaction to Tilly wearing this dress...such shame we will never read it LOL enjoy the chapter though xxx)

THURSDAY NOVEMBER 24TH, 2022

Not a word had been said about Harry's party last week. I'd ended up staying the night, out of fear that moving my hand from his would cause him to wake up again. I knew how much he needed his sleep, and I didn't have it in me to disturb him. 

In the end, he'd woken up in the morning, very hungover, and I helped him to clean the house, whilst also supplying him with lots of painkillers and water. It had taken us a good three hours to clean the house from top to bottom, but there were a lot of laughs, and a lot of stories told. 

Not a word had been said about the hand holding, which I was grateful for. Nothing was awkward, and we moved past it pretty quickly. I was ultimately just glad it had helped him sleep. I'd never seen him so well-rested when he'd woken up that next morning. 

Of course, I'd ended up teasing him about his snoring, and he'd interrogated me to find out what had actually happened last night. I had told him the majority of the events of the night, but skipped a few embarrassing ones. 

All in all, I had a good night. From what Harry could remember, it seemed like he did too. 

It was now Harry's actual birthday, and all of us were going out for a meal together. I wasn't sure where, but Harry was sending a car to our address, to take myself, Kon and Kirsty there. 

Kirsty had been adopted into our friend group, which was essentially just all of the guys, me and Kon, along with two other camera crew; Jon and James, and then their friends which consisted of Cal, Cal - who everyone apparently called Freezy, another Josh who went by Chip, Randy and Theo. It was...an interesting group for sure. 

I had a feeling that Harry had also invited the girls too, which meant that Freya, Talia, Faith and Ellie would be there too. It was going to be an eventful meal, I knew that much. 

"Lovebirds! We need to leave, stop kissing and put your shoes on!" I shout from the hallway after spotting Kon and Kirsty kissing again in our living room. She pretty much lived here now, which honestly was quite refreshing because it was nice to be around another girl in a male-dominated workplace. 

"Matilda, your loneliness is showing," Kon replies sarcastically from the living room, which honestly just made me grin harder. At least I knew I was still able to wind him up.