thirty six

My present to you all today is part of a chapter in Harry's POV, detailing the entire flight consisting of him talking to all his friends about Tilly just because <3 anyway enjoy the multi perspectives!!

HARRY.

I'd managed to convince Tilly to sleep on the plane, despite her worries of coming across as 'boring' to everyone else.

Considering that Vik had been asleep the moment since take off, she'd relaxed a little, and the worry had disappeared.

She'd only been asleep for half an hour, and we were about an hour into an eleven hour flight, so we still had a little while to go. I had no idea how long she'd be out for, so I'd decided if she was still asleep when they started serving food, I'd put an order in for her and ask them to reheat it before landing.

"Alright mate?" Ethan asks from my right, and I turn around from where I'd previously been looking out of Tilly's window, and over to him.

"Yeah, not too bad. Will be better when I'm by the pool with a drink in my hand," I grin, covering a yawn with my hand.

"I feel you. Although, I'm missing the girls already. Dunno how I'll cope by the end of this," he admits, and whilst we have been out of the country since Olive was born, I was pretty certain that this was the longest amount of time he was going to be away from when.

"You can always head back earlier. You've got a family, everyone here would understand," I reassure him, and he shoots me a grateful look.

"Yeah, man. I might do. Matilda looks like she's out cold," he says, changing the subject, both of us looking over at the sleeping Tilly to our left.

"She is. She didn't go to bed until midnight, she's only really had about four or five hours. She's used to getting like ten or so, so I think it's a bit of a shock to the system."

I'd also only had four hours of sleep, but I was used to it. When I first moved to London, still trying to prove myself online, I was pulling all nighters pretty much all night every night. I would consider it a good nights sleep if I'd gotten more than four. Even though I wasn't actively trying to pull all nighters any more, I survived the day on little sleep, like today.

"Ah, so she'll be out for most of the flight then," he laughs, checking his phone.

"Hopefully. She needs it," I say, admiring how peaceful she looks.

"How was the...wedding?" He asks hesitantly, and whilst it was a little while ago, it was something we hadn't actually talked about yet.

"It was...interesting. Seeing Ella was easier than I thought it would be, I think I just psyched myself up too much. Tilly was great, genuinely don't think I could've done it without her. She looked amazing, too, like the amount of compliments she got from strangers we didn't know was insane," I tell him wistfully, and she really did look incredible. "Ella had the cheek to ask if we could stay in contact and be friends, as well."

"No fucking way! I hope you told her to fuck off," he says. Ethan was there by my side whilst I went through everything with Ella and Caleb, including all of the struggling afterwards. Not once had he ever judged me, always remaining supportive and present.

"Not quite, but I think she got the message. Anyway, we left and Tilly suggested we hit up a pub, and we ended the night getting absolutely fucking wasted. It was great. Think we got back to hers at like four."

"Yeah, I saw her story. Epic karaoke singing," he laughs, and I groan as I remember her Instagram story of me singing a rendition of Beyoncé's Single Ladies. I wasn't single, or a lady, but it was a tune ingrained in my head.