sixteen

Matilda face reveal this chapter! You guys have NO idea how long I spent searching for someone to use. Like, I wanted to use Sabrina so BAD but she will always be Sophie to me. All my models I've already used!! But anyway, stay tuned and finally welcome the social media posts to this story they're literally my favourite part of any story. Anyway enjoy, sorry for the long authors note thingy!!

"A what?!" I exclaim, not sure I've head him quite right, because if I have, then he's being entirely stupid, and clearly doesn't know me very well.

"A blind date! It would be fun, and Kirsty would love for you to come on double dates with us," he says again, and I really have heard him right.

"You want me to go on a blind date? That is quite possibly the worst idea you've ever come up with, and I remember every single food combination you've had," I say stubbornly, crossing my arms.

"Hey! The food combinations are perfectly normal, thank you very much - and really, it could be fun! I think you'd surprise yourself. You might even enjoy the person you meet on it," he continues, and he really is hell bent on getting me on this date.

"Has it occurred to you that maybe I just don't want to date? That I actually like being single?" I ask, because in my defence, it is mostly true, even if sometimes seeing Kon and Kirsty together makes a tiny part of me wish I had someone too.

"Then if that's true, I would say there's no harm in just making a new friend. Even if you just go and say you don't want to date, it's a great way to have a new experience and meet someone new. Look -" he sighs, running a hand through his hair which has grown back quite fast since the hair salon video, "if you don't want to do it, I won't push you. Just think about it, because if on the off chance it's something you're interested in - I have people I can talk to," he says finally.

"That sounds very conspicuous," I comment, leaning against the kitchen counter.

"Well obviously I don't mean it like that. I have a friend who runs this sort of thing, I can just give her your details and she'll find someone she thinks is suitable. It could be fun," he suggests, and honestly the more he tells me about it, the less against it I am.

"I'll think about it. I'll let you know by tonight," I say finally, and I think he's just relieved it's not a flat out rejection.

"Okay! Amazing, that's good. Just think about it, and think about how fun it could be!" He says, rushing away back to his bedroom, the door shutting behind him not long after.

I go back to my own room shortly after, getting ready for the day. It's a shoot day today, meaning I have around an hour or so before I need to be at the studio.

Today is just another standard side video, not for the guys' main channel but for their second one, so only half of the crew are needed in the studio. I'm ready in no time, and honestly, my outfit and hair looks really cute today, so I head to our bathroom, taking just a few pictures in the bathroom.

By the time Kon is ready and we've hauled all of his stuff outside, our car is waiting for us. The traffic luckily isn't too awful today, and we're a little earlier than expected which gives us both a little while to just wind down before everyone else arrives.

The next person to arrive is Kirsty, and of course Kon rants about his 'brilliant' idea to her.

"I'm just saying, a blind date would be good for her! We've always said we wanted to do double dates with each other," he tells her, and I'm not sure if it's just me, but she doesn't look awfully convinced with his idea. Just like me this morning. 

"Maybe," she ponders, looking over at me. "Is it something you want to do?" She asks, her eyebrows raised.

I shrug my shoulders. Truthfully, I have no idea. I'd always kind of adopted the idea that something will come along if I don't look for it, so this goes against everything I believe in. However, like Kon said, there's no strings attached and I could go purely for the fun of it.