Constructive Concentration of The Mind Part 4

Constructive Concentration of the Mind

Nothing great can ever be achieved without the power of constructive concentration of the mind. If you don't train your mind, your mind may concentrate on what may do you some harm later. Someone narrated a story about a young girl of sixteen years of age who witnessed the death of her mother on a Dentist chair when the doctor surgically removed the decayed tooth of her mother, the mother of the girl died at the unripe age of thirty-six years.

The daughter, who witnessed the unfortunate death of her mother on a Dentist chair, carried the picture of her dead mother on a dentist chair in her young mind for twenty years with a strong obsession that she will also die in the same manner like her mother. Her faulty concentration on her dead mother afflicted her teeth and gum eventually with serious teeth infections when she was exactly thirty-six years old just like her late mother.

This terrified lady initially refused to consult a Dentist over her tooth ache problem as suggested by her husband. But when the tooth ache became unbearable for her, she agreed to see a Dentist with the hope of receiving drugs that could relief her of the pain. However, the problem escalated when the Dentist recommended a surgical removal of her decayed wisdom tooth. The woman protested against the removal of her tooth, but the Dentist said there was no other option for her pain except surgery. The doctor assured her that a surgical removal of her wisdom tooth cannot result into instant death as the woman wrongly believed. The Dentist and the husband of this unfortunate woman were not aware of the young woman's faulty imagination she carried in her mind for twenty years!

The woman's husband also encouraged her to accept the surgery because of the unbearable pain, the woman was left with no other choice; she accepted to go through the surgery, but the very moment the Dentist pulled out the painful tooth, the woman yielded her spirit to death on the Dentist chair as she had imagined with her brain for twenty years! This woman died as a result of her faulty concentration on her dead mother on a Dentist chair, she was a victim of the potent power of her own mind.

The aim of constructive mental concentration and will-power exercise is to focus our attention upon those things which promotes healthy thinking towards a better future. Let your mind always dwell on those things that will attract good things to you, and on what will improve the condition of your life.

Try your best to divert your mind and attention away from ordinary common thinking pattern of people who has no idea of how to improve their lives.

Do not pay attention to any idle or profitless thoughts that filters constantly into your mind, try not to concentrate your mind on worthless suggestion that your mind may introduce to you, rather concentrate your mind on what is not common to others, create your own pleasant world with your mind. Use your mind like a camera to take pictures of good things that may advance you financially or improve your health condition.

Whenever you are sick or your health is weak, picture yourself as a healthy person taking a walk along a foot path in a beautiful garden. You must gather all the feelings of vitality to concentrate all the powers of your mind upon seeing yourself in good health for about five minutes, see yourself with the mind eyes taking up a healthful task, when you are in this state of mind, banish out of your mind any thought of weakness, disease of any kind, failures and disappointment thoughts must not be entertained in your mind. Never allow your mind to dwell on your illness even for five seconds!

Employ Your Power of Imagination

The people of ancient times of the Bible planned to build a tower that will reach heaven, they all in one accord determined to build the high tower with their minds set on the tower.

God noticed what those groups of people were doing through their imagination, and the Lord reacted: "Behold, nothing will be restrained from them which they have imagined to do"-Genesis 11:5-6). God has blessed everyone with power of robust imagination, if you can activate your imagination as taught in this book, almost nothing shall be impossible for you to accomplish in life.

Try to imagine that the world in which you live is one big garden engulfed in perpetual sunlight, cooled by the frequent showers of early morning dew, and supplied with soft gentle winds, the environment sprays with the most expensive perfume, with birds singing filling the air and the joyful laughter of children and adults filling the happy and contented garden-world; when poverty and sorrow were unknown to mankind.

You can create your own garden of happiness when you are depressed to replace the usual view of life of sorrows, deprivation and other life challenges. It is almost impossible for some people to create the type of happy garden described above without mind training. An average person will never thought such a beautiful world could be created through the power of imagination. Because of this difficulty, you should take into consideration the effort you will need to put into the concentration exercise concerning the ideal state of consciousness in which illness is completely unknown and foreign to your mind.

You must train your mind to reach the point where the word "disease" carries almost no meaning at all to the ears on which it falls. If the word "disease" is familiar to you, then it means that, the familiar word is a link between you and the disease, and that you are very likely to attract it to yourself mentally because there is a relationship between you and the word "disease" no matter how remote that relationship may be. Therefore, beware of what you fed into your conscious mind, and the subconscious mind to avoid attracting sickness into your body.

If your friend is ill, a friend you have been with from childhood who used to be healthy suddenly caught a deadly disease; your mind may ask: "Why can't you be affected in the same way?" God forbid you might say, but the mind has made its connection with the friend's disease the moment the idea entered your mind; and may be strengthened from time to time by various means until it penetrates into the deeper foundation of the mind known as the sub-consciousness, and the corrupted elements of the sub-conscious mind begins its malignant work.

If a thing is not known to the mind, such thing is practically non-existent, but you still need to guard your mind against any thought on disease that may destroy your health, you must quickly replace any bad thought with good things of life. The Bible says: "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God"-Romans 12:2).

There was an old story about the plague setting out to Baghdad in order to kill a specified numbers of people, and in the end, thousands of people died more than what the plague specified. When the plague returned to base, an accusation was leveled against the plague for exceeding the numbers of its victims. "No", the plague protested. "It was not I who killed the extra thousands, it was fear", the plague said in reply to his accusation. This story may sound ancient but it teaches that the effect of mental arrows may open the body for what you fear.

Through positive mental concentration, one can always strengthen a weak organ or any afflicted part of the body by bringing more energy, such as a bright noon day sun, use your imagination and bring the bright noon day sun into that affected part of your body,

use your mind-eyes to place the bright light of the sun on that part; for wherever there is energy, there also would be extra blood supply that will bring additional life to the affected part for healing. Always use the power of your imagination to attract good things into your life.