Motivation of Hope And Possibilities Part 10

This article begins with the condition and position of mankind and the present world development, the present development in the world shall be presented as an illustration to support the great motivation of hope and possibility. Let me share the following comparison with you: we see a slender and slightly stooping man painfully dragging himself along one of our busy street, and breathing heavily, the legs and hands trembling like someone who is suffering from Parkinson syndrome, the legs almost collapsing with each step, the figure bends over as if trying to disappear from view.

Lack of food, care, disease and human depreciation has each laid their marks upon the man. When we think of mankind and the marvelous things they accomplished in Art, Science, Literature, Inventions, Medicine, Engineering, Commerce and Industries; men transforming wilderness into beautiful cities with sky high architectural and beautifully structured buildings all over the place. The world is a place where some wise men are making good use of the natural forces within them, which the Almighty God deposited in everyone to serve and meet the needs of men.

Think of all the beautiful things human beings are capable of doing, and compare them with the despicable man mentioned in this chapter, compare the poor fellow again with the great achievement of some people, and you will begin to wonder whether the poor man is a true reflection of man's development and all what the Almighty God put at their disposals.

The shaking emaciated man is real, but it would be a shame to compare such a man with the present human development globally. It is a well known fact that humans are spiritually and mentally higher than animals. It is equally true that humans alone have the ability to sink below animals in character on many occasions. However, the ideal man, a true representative of God and humanity could be identified by their positive mental attitudes and their achievement in life. The despicable wretch of the society could also be identified by their hopelessness and their failures to better their condition in life.

If you are truly poor in the mind, you could also be poor in the pocket, however, there is a chance for you to change your condition in life if you can ask yourself the following questions: "Does it make any sense to take the poor man as a good example of the true condition of men, or do we accept the high development and many opportunities still available to everyone as the true position of the world?" And ask again; "Is it possible for many people to live above poverty level?" If you can answer the questions truthfully, it means you are improving mentally. However, the state of your mind and the way you control your thoughts daily will determine how far you can go in life.

Practical concentration exercises as explained in the preceding chapters made it abundantly clear that the condition or position of everyone is as a result of what you allowed your mind to dwell upon consistently in the past, and the majority of the slum dwellers in any society prove it by their poor appearance and their poor mental attitudes. If you believe strongly in your mind that you are a poor and a hopeless person, that is exactly what you are going to be in appearance and in the pocket.

One is justified to say here that the entire poor wretches in many Countries are the architects of their own misfortunes and victims of their poor shallow minds, and they are the Inventors of their poor conditions in life. Poverty is not when you have no money to take care of your needs, but poverty is when you have no idea of how to get out of your poor condition of living in poverty.

If our environment does not count when assessing a society; why do some people with working brains seek to abolish ugliness by having urban development plans and better condition of living? Why do the Government and private property Investors built recreational Centers, parks, Art Theaters, and erected beautiful buildings? If urban development plans around our Country is not an action to better our living conditions, and for the people to live in a decent environment, and if all these modern developments does not produce good condition of lives, full of happiness, and free from disease; then one may accept the despicable, and the poor conditions of many shallow minded people of that society as the true position of human condition.

Most of us recognize clearly that education and a civilized society tends to uplift the lives of the people, and to improve the living condition of humanity.

If you wish to be hopeful in life, you must lookout for any opportunity in everything around you, see opportunity in what seems hopeless, and look at every situation positively; and if you continue to live a life of hopefulness with positive mind-set, soon enough, you will begin to see things differently with improved mental attitude which will eventually lead you to discover your true potentials.

With positive mental attitude, you will begin to see good things in bad situations which other shallow minded people could not see, and you can then use what you have discovered to your own advantage, and use that niche as opportunity to improve the condition of your life. The tragedy of life is not death but rather, it is a man without hope for tomorrow. Hope and faith in one's ability to succeed in whatever one is doing will help the person to concentrate more effectively on any project. The Bible says: "Jesus said unto him, if you can believe, all things are possible to him that believes"-Mark 9:23).

If we think positive on what we are doing always, and hopeful to succeed in life, we will look at things differently, and we will begin to take special interest in our work. It is very difficult to concentrate and succeed on anything in which you are not interested, and it is absolutely difficult to be interested in anything you do not like to do. If you don't like to teach children, and you are employed to teach in a children class, you will definitely fail as a children's teacher because you are not interested in teaching children. But if you change your mental attitude towards children, you may develop interest in the job of teaching them.

However, start to concentrate your attention on those things that gives you pleasure, and those things you wish to accomplish, if you must succeed in life, you need to concentrate your mind consistently on those things in which you have vested interest. Mathematics is a subject most people will not touch with a long pole because there is nothing in mathematics to attract them, yet this subject has actual attraction for many other people who prefer to study and digest this complex subject; deriving satisfaction from the subject which many people considered to be difficult.

Anyone wishing to master the subject of mathematics must put a lot of efforts and determination behind their quest to understand mathematics. To create interest in a difficult subject, you must find out where the subject concerns you most, or look for the benefit in it for other people.

That distasteful job you are doing may be of tremendous benefits to thousands of people, there is dignity in every labor, and if you discover the dignity of your labor, you will value it.

Most of the people in high position, or most of our political leaders accused of incompetency may not be guilty of such charge in some cases, their incompetency mostly does not always proceed from their lack of knowledge of what they are supposed to do in that high office; but most of them failed because of their low opinion of that job which they may have received through their political connections. Any position we occupied in which we have no prior mental interest may not last in our hands because of many factors; one of these factors is that such a person will not take the job seriously, or hold the position in high esteem until such a person lose the job to others who will do a better job because of their vested interest in it.

If you aspired to get a certain high position of your interest, and you eventually get the desired position, you would give your best to that job because you struggled before you landed the job. Everyone was created differently with a special way of doing things, one's personality will reflect in whatever one does for a living. No two people are exactly the same in a family; even identical twins will not perform the same task in exactly the same manner, or finish the task at the same time.

Though the goal of humanity is a common one, no two human beings will reach the same goal in the same manner, or used the same method. Whatever any man may have achieved in the past, another man in another generation can do it better in a different way; this is not an idle statement. Whatever any man may achieve today is just an improved reproduction of what was done in the past. There is nothing new under the sun.

Nothing is new anymore in this world, but your ways of producing things, could be an improved version of what was produced in the past generation. Anyone can achieve whatever he conceived and believed in the mind, provided that person consistently concentrates his attention on the project of interest as outlined in this book.