Chapter 15 ᯽ Won't Go Down Without a Fight

~Y/N's POV~

I had a terrible feeling in my gut while we debated a strategy, and I knew it couldn't be good.

As we had completed establishing roles and putting our ideas into a workable plan, it seemed as though someone was approaching from a distance, and there was a lively dialogue exchange as everyone took their positions. Chuck naturally ran in the direction of the storage area for the weapons, while Newt and Minho had to blend in with the other Gladers to avoid drawing attention to themselves and to inform Frypan of the plan. Teresa and I just waited for the footsteps to finally unveil their faces through the gate as Thomas pretended to remain completely unconscious.

Two boys' heads suddenly poked out, and I regrettably recognized one of them. It was one of the boys I got into a fight with when I first arrived here. He simply said, "Well well, looks like they're awake," while grinning at us.

As I heard them unlock the barrier holding us in the pit, I glared daggers in his direction, "What? Do you really intend to remain silent? Shocking really since you couldn't stop running your mouth last time." He said, clearly intending to annoy me, and it was definitely working.

A couple of other Gladers arrived from behind them to pick up Thomas and drag him along after the two boys had violently pulled Teresa and I out. I wanted to resist the boy's grasp, but I had to follow the plan. Despite this, I spat in his face and told him, "Screw you, idiota."

When his expression grew completely angry, I chuckled in enjoyment, but we soon began to walk across the Glade towards the others since Gally had given tight instructions for our banishing.

When we got closer to the maze's entrance, I heard a thump and looked over to see that Thomas had been thrown down by the boys who had been carrying him. And as soon as Thomas was knocked to the ground, I looked forward and noticed three stick poles directly in front of the entrance. I immediately knew that couldn't be good, and shortly after, Gally remarked, "This is such a waste."

"Gally... it doesn't feel right, man," Winston said to him after that, but of course, just like Gally always does, he disregarded him. However, Jeff immediately declared, "Yeah, what if Thomas is right? Maybe he can lead us home," attracting the attention of all the other Gladers who were encircled and prepared to witness what was about to unfold.

Gally blurted, "We are home. Okay? I don't wanna have to cross any more names off that wall!" as if something inside of him had suddenly clicked.

After he finished speaking, Teresa interrupted and questioned, "You really think banishing us is going to solve anything?"

Teresa and I were given a harsh look from Gally as he stated, "No, but this isn't a banishing, it's an offering."

When the boy's hold on my hand tightened and Teresa and I were compelled to move closer to the poles as we started to get tied, I briefly felt myself freeze. Teresa yelled in fear, "Wait, what!? Gally, what are you doing?"

You could see that Gally was becoming irritated as he shouted once more, "You really think I'm going to let Thomas back into the maze after what he has done? Look around you! Look at our Glade! This is the only way. And when the Grievers get what they came here for, everything goes back to the way it was."

I could see Chuck off in the distance with his bags packed and his hands full of weapons, which meant I needed to buy us some more time, so I decided to do what I do best and to annoy Gally even more. I could see Newt looking at me with worried eyes after he and Minho shared a look that said it all, "Hey, shuckface! I always knew you were crazy, but I didn't think you were a full-blown psychopath! I mean, are you all hearing this shit?!"