Chapter 3

| "Loving is easy
You had me fucked up
It used to be so hard to see" |

-

The day has come. It was Saturday morning when my brother came inside my room with a boy I met at his university. He was wearing a black shirt paired with khaki shorts.

"Good thing you're awake. He's P'Zee, my friend. He can help you with your phone. Anyway, I gotta go now." He patted Zee's back before leaving.

All I know is that it's going to be awkward...

I invited him inside, handing him my phone. My heart started beating faster. I got the same feeling when I first met him.

I suddenly felt more lively than usual. It's like I'm filling up with energy.

"Oh? Why is it charging all of a sudden?" I came back to reality as I heard him speak. I looked at my phone, and he wasn't lying.

So fucking weird...

"I don't know what happened, but a month ago, I received a file that I think is a virus, and then my phone started acting strange. I also took it to a repair shop, but he said that he couldn't fix the virus." He froze for a moment before giving me my phone.

"Wait here for a moment." He stood up, and as soon as he left my room, it stopped charging. I ignored it, thinking that he just had something with him.

He came back after a few minutes and decided to ask him. "Uhm, do you have a wireless charger with you? Can I borrow it?" I want to slap myself for asking that.

"No, I don't have one, but I have a charger here." He was about to give it to me, but I stopped him. "No, it won't work."

He nodded and picked up my phone from my hand. "Maybe the problem is the battery. I think it's better to replace it with a new one." He started looking at the back of my phone and opened it with his tools.

I suddenly feel strange about it. It's like I'm having heart surgery. My hand automatically clenched my chest as he was about to remove the battery. He stopped and looked at me.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" He hurriedly put back the battery and the cover.

-

Nunew's face looks like he was losing blood. His eyes were glossy from tears. "Chawarin? I'll fix your phone later, hmm? Let's just rest for now. Do you want water?" Zee tried his best to be calm, even though he was panicking inside.

NUNEW's POV

I laid my head on his chest and relaxed as I felt his heartbeat. It was beating to the same rhythm as mine.

After I calmed down, I quickly took a step back from him. "I'm sorry." I couldn't even look at him out of embarrassment.

"It looks like you don't just need your battery to be replaced, but your heart too." He joked, and we chuckled awkwardly.

It wasn't even that funny, but he did try his best to break the silence.

"So what year are you now?" I relax my shoulder before looking at him with an answer. "Oh, it's my last year now. What about you?"

"It's also my last. I actually already graduated a few years ago, and I just studied again for the project that I'm currently doing."

We started getting to know each other and making each other comfortable. We also exchange numbers.

Even though he didn't fix my phone, his presence filled almost half of my battery percentage. I know that's the weirdest shit, but do I even have any choice?

...

P'Zee left our house as soon as my brother arrived. They both left, telling me that they have plans with their friends.

I was home alone again. I smiled thinking about P'Zee. I quickly called James and told him everything.

"Look who's in love. What is that lucky guy's name?" He started teasing me and I'm just there smiling like crazy.

"I won't tell you. You might snatch him away from me." I replied. It might be a joke but it's half true. James is indeed handsome and even guys have a crush on him.

"Honey, I have someone in my heart already." We laugh together and talk about other things 'til we get tired.

"But James, I don't think I love him yet. I don't even know much about him." My phone vibrated and saw that he was requesting a video call.

"You look serious. Is that you?" He asked and I just looked at him rolling my eyes at his not so funny joke.

"Hmm, I don't believe in love at first sight so I kinda agree with you this time. It's your first time feeling that butterflies in your stomach, just let it be as long as you're happy. Maybe it's not love yet but I'm sure It will turn into love soon." I smile at his words. I'm so lucky to have someone like him.

"The thing is, he's already in his 30s, and I'm just 21. I may be too young for him." He stared at me in disbelief and laughed.

"So what? You're both adults already. Your age doesn't matter anymore. Love will find its way to make both of you happy. If you love each other, you'll find a way to understand each other."

"You're really positive, huh?"

"Of course, you should always stay positive when it comes to love."

How can someone without experience in love know so much about it?

...