Chapter 13

| Fools |

-

"Why didn't you answer my messages? Do you know how hard math is? I'm literally having a breakdown." James dramatically pins himself to the wall and rolls around.

"He's being overly dramatic again. You? What happened to you?" Yim stares at Nunew, who looks drained out. "I just lost my phone yesterday."

"Ooh, kids this generation can't live without their phones, huh?"

"They can, but not me... I mean literally." He thought

James walks up to them and slams the table. "What did I just hear? You lost your phone?" James took out his other phone and gave it to Nunew. Here, take it. "Just let me understand math."

Nunew gave it back to James and sighed. "I can just teach it after class or you can just go to our house. I'm keeping myself from my phone anyway."

"You sound desperate. It's very unlikely of you."

"Shut up, Yim. I want to pass all the quizzes and exams this semester or Net won't take me out on a date outside Bangkok."

"Oooh. That Net sounds rich."

"Psh, I know right? What about you Nhu? What happened to you and you know." James teased. Nunew almost teared up, hearing question about him.

NUNEW's

"He died. He's old anyway." I answered, making my friends laugh. "What happened to you? You looked so happy yesterday. Did he turn down your confession?" Yim asked.

"You're planning to confess?!" James questioned his loud voice. Students from our class started to look at us.

"Excuse me, is Nunew here?" I saw two unfamiliar faces waiting outside our classroom. They were both tall and handsome.

"You mean James, right?" I look at James, who is pointing at himself while looking at them. "No, they said Nunew." I'm guessing he might know them.

I raised my hand and it caught their attention. "That's me, why?"

-

"Oh, that's him?" Net said while pointing at Nunew. Mark nodded. "You, give this to him." Net gave him the phone while pushing Mark. "What? No. You go there." They started pushing each other. Nunew stood up and went there.

"Excuse me, if you don't want anything, please kindly leave."

"No! We don't actually want anything. We're here to give this back to you." Mark handed him his phone.

I don't remember giving this to anyone except Hia... Nunew thought.

"Who are you?" He asked, staring at them deeply.

"Uhm...We're P'Zee's friend and uhm, we came here to fix things for both of you." Net nudge Marks shoulder signing him to talk and explain.

"I came here to say sorry about what happened. It was actually my fault. About the file, we didn't mean to send it to you." Nunew crossed his shoulder and sighed.

"If you came here to explain for his side, I'm not gonna waste my time hearing it." He was about to close the door, but they both stopped it.

"Wait! Can you please hear us for a minute?"

"I've never seen my friend crying like this before. I never saw him crying for someone. I don't know what's your relation with him but I hope you can fix things with him. P'Zee has been crying and drinking the whole day saying that you don't want him anymore. As his friend, I'm asking you to think about it once more...Please?"

"You only think about his feelings. What about mine? I got hurt too. I got drowned by this stupid fake love that the tree of you did. You think it's funny playing with someone else's feelings?"

"We didn't mean to play with you. It was an accident. It was a long story-"

"Long story? Then I don't want to hear it."

"No, please. Fix things with my friend. He really loves you." Nunew is holding back his tears at this time. It was hard for him to trust someone after the incident so he didn't said anything and just stare at them.

"We'll go now. If you want to see him, just ask James. Let's go Phi."

NUNEW's

The whole day I was just spacing out, even the teachers were asking me what's wrong since they are used to my active personality. I was quiet and the only thing that's on my mind is Hia.

No way I'll ask James. It'll hurt my pride.

-

*Burps* "Ew, your breath stinks, Phi. You better stop drinking." The studio reeks of alcohol. It was all messy. "You're so dumb, Pruk. You should at least try and talk to him instead of drinking here." Mark scolded him taking away the alcohol from his hand

"That won't change anything anyway"

"So does drinking."

"It's all my fault. If it wasn't because of this stupid love battery, this won't happen." He started crying again, making the two sigh.

Here he goes again...

"If it weren't for that "stupid" love battery, you two wouldn't have met or interacted." Zee smiled and looked at his friend with his eyes almost closed.

"Right, you're so smart but I think that would be better than seeing him crying because of me."

.
.
.

Love is indeed painful, don't you think?