Chapter 9

| Where it all started |

-

Flashback

ZEE's

I threw my bag on the floor and took a deep breath. I open my computer and smile at our success. It took us long enough to finish my dream project. How can I not celebrate it?

I opened a can of beer and took out the barbeque that I bought beside our university. 

What's the purpose?

I'm "Zee" Pruk Panich, a 4th-year IT student and a scientist. I'm already in my 30s. I have a perfect life. What about money? No problem. House? No problem. I've got girls kneeling for me too. The only thing I don't have is a lover.

I can't feel attachment or love for anyone, not even my parents. I focus on studying so that I can be a scientist. I found no interest. I then studied to have more knowledge of technology to find an answer to my curiosity. 

I believe that love is only a phase, and once you get older, it'll just fade. I want to "love" someone until my last breath, so I want to depend on technology for that love.

People nowadays are stupid, so they depend on technology, not knowing that it can harm them. Should I not do it? "It won't be true love." Fake or whatever love is, it is still love. Nothing can change my mind.

My phone vibrated, receiving a call from Mark. I quickly answered.

Mark is the same age as mine. He was addicted to gaming, so I trust him a lot with this project, even though he's not a student anymore. 

"Zee, forgive me." He said it as if he were on the verge of crying.

"Sorry for what?" I asked calmly while chewing the meat. "There's something wrong with the file, though I don't know what happened to it. I think there's a virus. I've been trying to open it for hours now, and nothing happened. I mean, it did work last night."

I slammed the beer on my table, almost choking on it. 

"Send the file already! Let me check the virus; I'll help you get rid of it!"

I was furious. I thought we would finally succeed in doing this since we already have Net by our side, but we still fucked up.

I ended the call, and Mark immediately sent me the file. I planned to send it to Net, but I made a typo in the number, so I accidentally sent it to an unknown number. As I was about to send it, I accidentally tapped the file, and my phone started flickering and vibrating nonstop.

"Fuck! I'm really going to kill you, Mark!"

My eyes are almost tearing up. I don't know what to do, and I'm already tipsy.

I took out my SIM card and started tapping on it, even though that's the last one that my parents have in contact with me. 

I let my phone sit at my table until it stopped. I'm too exhausted to go home, so I stay at our studio and sleep there. 

I lay on the couch and closed my eyes, hoping for tomorrow to come faster.

...

"Net, Is your schedule free today? There are some problems with the file. I'm afraid it can't be fixed. It almost ruined my phone. I guess we have to do it again." I started getting embarrassed about my request. It's not going to give him anything but a record of success. 

"I'm sorry, P'Zee. I have a plan for today with James. I'll let you know when I'm free." I nod. I'm not rushing it, but I'm already getting impatient.

...

"Ow! Oh, I'm sorry, Phi." A student from another class bumps into me. It looks like he's rushing. "It's okay, why are you rushing? You can't run in the hallway." I told him while helping him pick up what he dropped.

"I'm sorry. Please don't tell anyone. My brother has been at the hospital since yesterday. I have to look for him since my mother's shop is full of customers. I also have to talk to the driver who hit him." He explained, trembling and almost crying. I gave him his things and patted his shoulder.

"It's okay, I won't tell. Take care of your brother, Nong." He exited the building as soon as he thanked me. I shake my head and walk back to our class.

"Isn't that the guy whose brother is on TV? I saw it yesterday with my own eyes. There is blood scattered everywhere, and there are many reporters. They should've called an emergency before doing that. Poor boy." I heard the students in our class gossip while watching the guy I bumped into earlier. 

...

Week has passed, and I'm now rushing to class. I'm already half an hour late. Luckily, I saw Net, who's also late. "P'Zee! Look at that kid." He pointed at the student who's standing in front of our university with a bandage on his head. Who is he? I asked.

Watch me. He walked towards the student with a face that you couldn't describe. 

"Oh, are you Chawarin? Tee's bro? I heard you got into an accident. I saw you on TV, are you okay?" He asked, and second-hand embarrassment slapped me across the face.

The boy looks so done with him. He opened his mouth and was about to answer, but I grabbed Net's hood, pulling him away from the boy he called Chawhatever.

"I apologize on behalf. Tee's classroom got moved to the second floor. We're also on the way there, you can follow us."

Me and Net started walking on our way to the 2nd floor while chatting, "Why are you so nosy?" I asked, and he just laughed. You can call me and Tee friends, but not really. We just got close enough that we could communicate, which is why I know where his class is. 

"Uhm.. chawarin. Chawarin right?" He nodded, and I replied with a smile. "I gotta get going now. Our classroom is here, and your brother's is beside that yellowish orange door. I point him to Tee's classroom and walk to ours."

Fuck! We're late!

-

Hello! I just want to apologize. I don't know what Tee's age is, so in this story, I made Zee older than Tee. 

I went to find information, but I found nothing. But! In an interview, I saw Zee calling Tee (Nunew's brother) P'Tee, but I'm not sure about that. I'm sorry😵‍💫