Chapter 4

| Survival mode: A day(?) without Hia |

-

NUNEW's

My eyes widen as I see the result of my hard work. I wanted to burst into tears of

Joy...

"What's the matter? Why do you look shocked?" James asked with worry on his face. I hug him tightly, and he jumps for joy. 

Today is the release of our graded card. Despite my 1 month break, I'm still able to complete all of subject A. It's even higher than my past grades.

I handed him my card while still hugging him.

"Oh, that's what you have been doing for the past few days, huh? Studying. You chose to study over me."

We haven't been able to hang out for long. That's true; I was busy, but not because of studying.

I've been spending my time with Hia Zee. We've been meeting up because of my phone.

Well, not really...

My phone is in good condition now but still won't charge. I don't really care that much about my phone since I've already lost hope. I'm just using that as an excuse to meet him.

I want to thank Hia Zee for this; I became more motivated because of him. After he saw all my achievements in my room, he started giving me compliments.

I just can't help but crave his sweet words.

"Wanna eat barbeque? My treat." A smile formed on my face as I heard the word "barbeque." I nodded with joy.

God, I miss those

...

"Oh, how's you and that old guy that you adore?" I choke on my barbeque. I haven't been talking about him for a while. The thought of him makes me smile automatically.

James tries his best not to laugh when he sees my reaction. I thought you had forgotten about him already.

"Who told you that? I wasn't sure about my feelings back then, but now I'm 100% sure. I stopped talking and looked around. We must not talk about that here. Someone might hear us." I was being extra careful about my feelings since I didn't want to break the closeness that we have right now.

"Ok, so how is it going for the both of you? Any progress?"

I sigh and throw the barbecue stick. "I feel so weak right now. He's currently in Chiang Rai. He's spending his Christmas break there."

Me and Hia Zee have been keeping in contact for no reason. Maybe he will also treat me as his friend. He just arrived in his hometown today, and I already miss him.

"You've become cheesy ever since you fell for him." He laughs, and we both look at the barbeque seller after realizing that it's not just the two of us there.

"I'm sorry, krub." Me and James spoke in sync. I dragged him away to run from embarrassment.

"Oi, it has been more than a month, and I still don't know that guy. Who is he?"

"I'll let you die of curiosity." I stuck out my tongue, and he just rolled his eyes. "Fine, just don't fall for someone who looks like my grandpa."

Be patient, James; I'll let you meet him after making him mine.

"What about you? You also told me that you have someone in your heart already." I changed the topic. 

"Why are you asking? I'll also let you die of curiosity." We both laughed at our silliness.

This day ended with lots of laughter. A day without Hia isn't bad at all. I should get used to it.

-

Of course, you can survive a day without Hia.
.
.
.
But can you stay alive without him for more than a week?

-

Hi sorry for uploading late. My wattpad wasn't working last night lol