Chapter 12

| Maybe you weren't made for me
Nor I for you |

Nunew started doubting what he was feeling and believing that everything was a lie. What's worst is that he started ignoring Zee. 

Zee, on the other hand, is still approaching him, not giving up until he finds out why Nunew is acting that way.

"Stop bothering me, will you? Stop playing with me. I'm not your doll!" Nunew shouts at the elder, holding his phone and attempting to throw it, but he can't see himself doing that, so he stops.

"Did I do something wrong?" Zee's breath started getting cold. He was nervous and didn't know what to do. 

"Stop acting like a fool. I already know what's happening. How can I love someone like you? Here, take it." He gave him his phone and left.

Zee has broken his trust; how can he fix it?

Zee was left standing there and didn't know what to do. People started looking in his direction and started gossiping.

Nunew spends the rest of his time doing homework and schoolwork that will be passed next week.

Crying won't help, so why not drain himself by doing this?

Why me of all people? What did I do to deserve this? 

He took a pillow and screamed his anger and pain. 

Nunew wanted to call James but realized that he left his phone with Zee. He slammed his head on the table and started sobbing hard.

"Why are you so dumb when it comes to love?"

...

"Stop drinking, will you? Can't you tell us what happened?" Net took his drunk friend's drink and slammed it on the table.

It may not seem like it, but he cares for his friends.

"Dude, I haven't seen you cry like this before. You're always here when we need someone; how can we help you if you're not saying anything?" Mark, on the other hand, was calm. He wiped Zee's tears and rubbed his back.

"I knew it would fail. I know that I will never succeed in this project, so why am I still doing it? I even made someone I love hate me." He cried his heart out. His words are almost impossible to understand.

He finally admitted it.

"What did you say? You love someone?" Net laughs and takes a stick of barbeque, eating it while still laughing at his friend, who's suffering.

"Stop laughing, will you?" Mark glared at him.

"So this is how an oldie would act if they failed at love?" He teased. He never saw his friend fall in love with someone. This was new to him and to them. 

"I'm only 30; I'm not that old." Zee burps, and the smell of beer stinks, making Net groan. 

"So who is he?" Net asked instead of comforting him. Drunk Zee smiled and started telling stories.

"Nunew. He was a student there." He pointed somewhere, imagining that it was Chawarin's University. "I don't know why, but I love him. I feel like he's the only one I need. You don't dare laugh at me. I never felt this way toward someone before."

"Oi, P'Zee, first loves always fail."

"Net!" Mark reacted. He's not helping at all.

"I know, but not him, Net. Nunew is special. He thought everything was planned. I never meant to send it to him. I don't want to do him any harm." He started crying again. This time, Net stopped. 

"P'Zee, you look so weak right now. Why not sleep? Try to fix things with him tomorrow."

He removed Zee's socks, and they both carried him and made him lie on the sofa. 

"Look at our friend. He just had his first heartbreak." Net chuckles.

"It's actually all my fault, Net. Everything wouldn't happen if I weren't curious about our work. If it weren't for me, it wouldn't turn into a virus." Net turned to him with his brows furrowed.

"What happened exactly?"

"The moment Zee handed the original file to me to keep, I started getting curious. I started studying its code and tried making a copy and recreating it. There was this kind of red thing that I accidentally opened and replaced some codes there, thinking it would improve the quality of Love Battery, but as I was about to check it, it wouldn't open and will only do if Zee does. I didn't think that it would be a virus. I felt so weak by the time I saw Nunew at the hospital, thinking he wouldn't suffer if it weren't for my curiosity." He looks at his friend, who was crying in his sleep, before looking back at Net.

"I was the one who programmed that part; you should've consulted me first. If you're curious, just ask me or P'Zee. I'm not blaming you, P'Mark, but look at the damage that the virus creates. It's okay; let's try to fix it for P'Zee tomorrow. Let's just go home for now."

"Can we even fix it?" Mark loses his hope. Things in his head were all negative, which can make things worse if he lets it win.

"Of course, love can fix everything." Net smiles at the sentence. His positivity was all thanks to James.

"I feel lonely now. I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't have a lover."

"Your feelings are correct, P'Mark."

-

Last update for today. It's currently 2:19 a.m. in our country, I'll rest now. Take care, everyone! I'll be back tomorrow!