Chapter 6

| Where are you now that I need you most? |

-

ZEE's

I wave goodbye to my family before leaving them. I plan to stay here for a month, but part of me keeps telling me to go back to Bangkok. 

"Next time you visit here, bring your girlfriend!" Ma shouted. 

I chuckled and entered the car that I rented. How can a guy like me have a girlfriend when I don't even know what love is.

I turn on my phone only to see that it is almost dead. I plugged it into my power bank, but its battery is also drained.

-

"What happened to my friend, Doctor?" James immediately asked the doctor as soon as he saw him walking out of Nunew's room.

"I'm afraid I don't have any good news. Your friend has been having a rare heart problem. We have examined him already and will do so again tomorrow since we haven't found anything strange in his heart, though it seems like it's getting weaker each time and each day. I don't think he can survive."

Yim gripped James' shirt tight, stopping himself from sobbing. He was getting red from crying. James, on the other hand, just stood there in shock, holding Nunew's phone really tight.

"Can we come inside?" James asked, and the doctor agreed to it. "Oi! Stop crying; you're making me cry. Nunew is strong, and I know he can make it."
1w
As soon as they both saw Nunew, James gave up and burst into tears. He can't afford losing a friend...Not Nunew.

His friend looks different. He looks like he has lost blood based on his skin color. His lips are dry, and his heartbeat is slow, like it's going to give up in a second.

"You can't die yet. You still haven't met the one that I'm talking about. You haven't reached your goal yet. You can't leave me." James said between his sobs. He hasn't cried this hard for anyone before.

The door banged, revealing Tee, who was panting heavily. "What happened? Nhu, you're so clumsy," he scolded Nunew, trying to keep his cool after seeing his brother's dead-like body. 

"P'Tee. I'm so sorry for not checking on Nunew's health. He looked healthy yesterday."

"Don't blame yourself, James. No one wants this to happen."

...

It was already dark. The room is so quiet that all you can hear is Nunew's heartbeat. It was only him in the room. It's already 2 in the morning, and he still hasn't woken up.

How is it possible that his phone's percentage is the same as the number of his chances of living?

The doctor ain't lying about his low chance of survival. His life isn't even fifty-fifty. The only thing he has now is his weak body and that "10%" hope that his family and friends have.

"Hello Nunew. Now that I've found out that you're the one who received the message, I just want to say sorry. I didn't mean to harm anyone. Forgive me for what I've done." A hand touches his face.

Who is he? What is he doing here? What does he mean by that? Why is he apologizing?

"I'll go now. I'll find a way to visit you."

As soon as he got out, Nunew's eyes suddenly opened. It felt like his body was startled by sudden electricity.

...