𝖛. 𝖙𝖔𝖎𝖑 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖇𝖑𝖊

The next day arrives slower than Hades and Persephone would like, but it arrives nonetheless

The next day arrives slower than Hades and Persephone would like, but it arrives nonetheless. Wednesday informs Persephone that she will also be taking fencing classes, so the two of them are able to make their way down together. Enid had already left the dorm, not wanting to speak to Wednesday much.

"Let me guess. Your fencing uniform will be black." Persephone states, directing Wednesday into the changing room. Wednesday quirks a brow at her.

"However did you manage to work that out?" She responds with what Persephone believes is a hint of sarcasm. Persephone takes this as a sign that Wednesday may be getting a tad bit more comfortable with her... but then again, it's Wednesday. So it's extremely difficult to tell.

They are the last ones to enter the hall, with everyone already paired up and practicing. Wednesday stands out in her black uniform as Persephone trails along behind her. They pause for Wednesday to survey the room with judgemental eyes with Persephone standing to her right.

"You looking for anyone or...?" Persephone trails off, secretly hoping she was looking for her brother. Wednesday turns her head to look at the girl but her eyes wander to someone behind her.

"You're late." A familiar voice mumbles from her other side, making Persephone jump and whip her head around. Hazel eyes meet dark brown ones that Persephone remembers from last night. He is also wearing a black fencing uniform, which suits (and fits) him incredibly well. Her lips curl into a beautiful smile that instantly captures all the breath from his lungs. That smile... That goddamn smile will be the death of him.

"I'm well aware of that, brother." Wednesday responds emotionlessly, before turning her attention to Persephone. "Hades meet Persephone. Look after her. She's not completely bothersome." And with that, she strides forward confidently, right through the middle of the fencing matches.

"Wow." Hades murmurs, face full of surprise. "How'd you get Wednesday to warm up to you so quickly? She's never normally that nice."

"That was nice?" Persephone asks, eyes still following Wednesday with confusion.

"Nicest I've seen her with someone she just met yesterday." Hades reasons. Their heads swivel to face each other, smiles present for both. "Told you I'd see you today." Breaking eye contact, Persephone looks back to the fencing mats only to panic as she sees who Wednesday is heading for.

"Oh, god! She's going for Bianca!" She exclaims, grabbing Hades' hand and running after the girl. Hades briefly spots Thing crawling out from under one of the benches before retreating under again. He should've known his parents would send him to spy on them. They reach Wednesday just as Bianca knocks her opponent to the floor.

"Coach, Coach, she tripped me." The boy who fell gasps breathlessly. Persephone rolls her eyes at the same time as Hades, neither noticing their synchronised reactions.

"It was a clean strike, Rowan." The Coach informed, a bored tone to his voice.

"Maybe if you whined less and practiced more, you wouldn't suck." Bianca argued, as Rowan scrambled to pick himself off the ground. "Seriously, Coach, when am I gonna get some real competition? Anyone else want to challenge me?"