𝖝𝖝𝖎𝖛. 𝖇𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖎𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖜𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖗

Parents Weekend had arrived and Persephone couldn't be more ready to get a bear hug from her Papa

Parents Weekend had arrived and Persephone couldn't be more ready to get a bear hug from her Papa. After the traumatic experience of finding Eugene clinging to life after the monster attack, Persephone couldn't stand to see the blood-like paint covering her hands. She scrubbed her hands raw to rid her skin of the red tinge, tears flowing like a waterfall down her cheeks. Enid was so concerned that she sent Wednesday to fetch Hades, who gently caressed her hands under the running water to rinse the stains out. He then sat with the girl's back against his chest and his arms wrapped around her. He let her clutch onto his arm as she slowed her breathing, eventually falling asleep in his tender embrace.

"Nevermore was created as a safe haven for our children to learn and to grow, no matter who or what they are." Weems' statement was met with a scattered applause as she beamed at the crowd. Hades and Persephone stand with Enid and Wednesday, hands intertwined as usual, not bothering to separate from each other to clap for their principal. "I realise most of you have heard about the unfortunate incident involving one of our students." Persephone stiffens as she feels the guilt seep into her body. She feels partly responsible for Eugene's current state as she was one of the last to see him. "But I'm happy to report that Eugene is on the mend and is expected to make a full recovery. So let's focus on the positive and make this Parents' Weekend our very best yet."

More applause fills the Quad from all except from the group of four. Wednesday bitterly mutters, "On the mend? Try in a coma."

"Have you been to see him?" Persephone asks, despite already knowing the reply. Wednesday's silence confirms the answer.

"You're his friend." Enid reasons, speaking softly to the Addams girl who was surprisingly shaken after Eugene's attack.

"I'm the reason he's in the hospital." Wednesday retorts, also feeling guilty for what happened to the boy.

"That is not your fault, okay?" Enid soothes, trying to ease Wednesday's mind unsuccessfully. "The monster hasn't attacked anyone in the past week. Maybe you finally scared it off."

Hades scoffs at Enid's optimistic theory. "Highly unlikely."

"Or maybe it went into hiding to avoid this weekend." Wednesday mumble, showing her obvious dread for the next few days. The Addams family strut into the courtyard, eyes admiring the familiar gothic architecture. "I knew I should have worn my plague mask."

"Would you look at my family?" Enid motions to a loud pack of howling werewolves running wild on the other side of the Quad. "Talk about toxic pack mentality. I give my mom 30 seconds before her judgey claws come out."

"Am I the only one who actually likes my family?" Persephone asks, eyebrows scrunched as she hears her roommates groan about their mothers.

"Pugsley's good for target practice." Hades pipes in, grinning to himself.

"You know that's not what I meant." Persephone scolds, trying (and failing) to keep a serious face while Hades gives her an adorable smile.

Enid sighs, "Let's get this over with." Wednesday nods and the two girls cross each other to head to their families.