𝖑𝖎𝖎. 𝖍𝖊𝖑𝖑 𝖎𝖘 𝖏𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖆 𝖘𝖆𝖚𝖓𝖆

A blood red moon illuminates the sky as Enid, Hades and Persephone dash through the forest

A blood red moon illuminates the sky as Enid, Hades and Persephone dash through the forest. Persephone can tell something is not right with Enid as she lags behind when she is normally the fastest. Suddenly, a horrific snapping sound cracks through the night and Enid collapses to the ground.

"Enid!" Persephone shouts, turning around to race back to her friend. The blonde's pained grunts are overpowered by the spine-chilling sound of bones snapping and flesh stretching. Enid's head shoots up to reveal a fur-covered face which halts Persephone in her tracks.

"Oh my god." Enid exclaims as her claws extend and her body begins to transform. "Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god! It's happening! Seph, I'm wolfing out!" Hades pulls Persephone back as Enid releases a powerful howl into the sky that echoes around the forest. Persephone cheers and whoops for her friend, proud that it had finally happened after waiting so long.

The celebrations are cut short as an ominous roar is heard not too far away from where the group stands. This sets them all into motion again, this time with a specific direction in mind. They arrive not a moment too soon as Wednesday is lifted into the air by the Hyde's claws and smacked into a tree. Just as his claws are raised menacingly, preparing to deliver the final blow, a vine wraps around his neck and pulls him away sharply.

Persephone stands in the clearing, panting heavily after sprinting to reach her friend. The Hyde lands on the forest floor with a rough thud, leaving him less than pleased with Persephone. He bares his teeth and growls at the girl who stands defiantly and shows no fear. Before the Hyde can even begin to think about hurting Persephone, a knife whistles through the air and buries itself in the stretched skin of his shoulder. He releases a thunderous cry, clawing erratically at the wound as Hades emerges to situate himself behind Persephone.

Enid gives the Hyde no chance to recover as she hurls her wolf body straight into the monster. The pair tumble along the ground, limbs flying as they each try to get the advantage over the other. Enid manages to use her hind legs to propel the Hyde into a tree trunk. Hades and Persephone join Wednesday as she stares at the wolf.

"Is that...?" She trails off as the wolf snarls and snaps around to face them.

"Enid." Persephone nods in confirmation, smiling proudly at her friend as Wednesday's eyes widen.

The wolf's eyes twinkle in recognition as she lets out a playful snort. But she doesn't notice the Hyde rising from the ground behind her. "Enid!" Wednesday shouts out in warning but it does no good. The Hyde swipes Enid off her feet, sending her flying into the air before she skids to a stop with a growl. As the battle between the monster and the wolf rages on, Wednesday turns to her brother and her friend. "We need to get back to the school." The trio nod and take off running towards Nevermore. Persephone spares a few glances back at Enid, hoping the girl will be okay.

◇ ◇ ◇

The trio sprint through the smoky corridors of the school before the glimmer of a blade catches Hades' eye. The sword his mother used to stab Garrett Gates. How fitting if it was the same sword that stabbed Laurel Gates? He plucks the sword from its display stand, holding it up and admiring the light reflecting off the polished blade. Then he passes it to his sister, who looks baffled by the action. Hades was not known to be a person who shares.