𝖝𝖎𝖎. 𝖒𝖔𝖓 𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖗

Miss Thornhill left the two alone, as she was dropping Rowan off at the train station

Miss Thornhill left the two alone, as she was dropping Rowan off at the train station. She assured Persephone that she would return in time for the start of class, ignoring Hades who seemed more than thrilled that the teacher would be leaving. He couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't quite right with the woman. She seemed to have a strange obsession with Persephone and her power. Some might say it is simply because she has an interest in plants, but Hades doesn't believe that's the case. Miss Thornhill seemed to focus all her attention on Persephone, trying to make her feel special and noticed. Hades is not sure her intentions are strictly pure.

Now that it is just Hades and Persephone, the conversation flows so naturally between the two of them. Laughing and joking with each other like they've been best friends for years. Hades has never felt so relaxed with someone before. He has become so accustomed to maintaining his hardened Addams facade that he has never seen this softer side of himself. Persephone has unlocked a side of Hades Addams that no one knew he had. And he is unwilling to show that side to anyone who isn't Persephone. She gives him a reason to smile and something worth looking at.

Persephone will never be ignored by Hades. When she speaks, it's like the whole world disappears for him and she is the only thing left to focus on. It makes her feel warm and fuzzy inside. Like she's been travelling all her life and with him, she has finally come home. She has found her happy place, and it's not a garden or a greenhouse. It's him. His flaws, his mistakes, his smiles, his laughs, his sarcasm. Everything. He isn't perfect, she knows that. But he is her person. And that is perfect for her.

They didn't realise how long they'd been talking when Miss Thornhill rushed back in to prepare for the class. Hades retreats back into his usual self, genuine smile dropping from his face and being replaced with his standard glower.

"You can sit next to me for this class." Persephone offers, removing her poison ivy from the table. She quickly adds, "If you want." She didn't want him to feel like he had to stay with her.

Hades leaned down to whisper in her ear, "Yes please." He didn't want to admit that there wasn't anyone else he could sit next to. Most of the school (apart from his sister) believes he's a serial killer and were terrified he might murder them if they sat next to him. Besides, he would definitely murder anyone who sat next to Persephone so this solution caused the least amount of bloodshed and casualties. Although Hades was perfectly fine with public executions, he wasn't sure Persephone would be too pleased.

The rest of the class begins to file in, including Wednesday who immediately strides over to her brother. "Have you seen Thing?" She questions.

"Hello to you too, Weds." Hades replies sarcastically, looking up at his sister who looms over his seated form. All he gets in the way of a response from Wednesday is a menacing glare. Hades sighs, "He's behind those plants." He motions his head in the direction of the helping hand as Wednesday walks off. "You're welcome!" He shouts after her, shaking his head.