𝖝𝖑𝖛𝖎. 𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖎𝖙𝖔𝖗

"What is Kinbott, or should I say Laurel Gates, using you for?" Wednesday interrogates, face stern with little emotion

Tyler gasps out in weak breaths. "Wednesday, please."

"Tyler." Wednesday snaps, forcing his attention back onto her. "The body parts in the basement of the Gates mansion, what was she collecting them for?"

"I don't understand." The boy stutters out, eyebrows furrowed with confusion and betrayal. "Why are you doing this?" Persephone hears police sirens ringing through the forest, the wailing sounds approaching quickly as Wednesday picks up a hammer.

"Let's test your reflexes." She announces, winding up to deliver a harsh blow to the boy.

Tyler yells out desperately, hoping for someone to rescue him in time. "I'm in here!"

Sheriff Galpin bursts through the door brandishing his gun. "Get away from my son! Drop it." Wednesday freezes with her hands in the air as the sheriff continues his demands, "Drop it." The hammer clatters to the floor as Wednesday sends the man a dark glare. Hades and Persephone also raise their hands in surrender

Hades pouts and whines, "But I didn't get to have my turn to torture."

◇ ◇ ◇

The group was taken down to the Sheriff's Department and left in Galpin's office while various police officers hurried about to deal with the situation. Wednesday paced back and forth while Hades and Persephone sat calmly with their hands entwined.

"This building must be feeling like a second home to you now." Hades jeers to his sister, who ignores the comment as Principal Weems enters the office with Galpin.

"Sheriff Galpin isn't pressing kidnapping charges." Weems informs the group before muttering bitterly, "Which is a miracle given the circumstances."

"Well, hallelujah and amen to that." Hades mutters out sarcastically.

"Of course he's not." Wednesday snaps, sending Galpin an accusing glare. "How long have you known?"

The sheriff exclaims in confusion, "Excuse me?"

"When I gave you that claw from the cave, did you already know the truth?" Wednesday spits out, taking intimidating steps towards the older man.

"Wednesday, that's enough." Weems orders sharply.

"Xavier Thorpe is our Hyde." Galpin states. "We've got evidence, thanks to you. And that's why I'm giving you one last pass."

"So you're willing to send an innocent boy to jail because you're failing to admit that the monster has been right under your nose this whole time?" Persephone questions in disbelief, moving to stand next to Wednesday. Galpin doesn't bother to give her an answer which makes her scoff, "How many more people need to die before one of you useless shits gets off your ass and does something about it!" She yells, growing frustrated with these authority figures sitting back and watching as the bodies pile up before them.