𝖝𝖎𝖎𝖎. 𝖇𝖑𝖆𝖈𝖐 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙

Enid had told Wednesday to apologise to Thing in exchange for her help in avoiding Weems

Enid had told Wednesday to apologise to Thing in exchange for her help in avoiding Weems. When she stormed up to her dorm, she was greeted by an unusual sight. Up in Persephone's loft, she found Hades and Thing lounging on the bed. Thing was lazily flicking through a magazine that he borrowed from Enid, his nails beautifully manicured by the blonde and Persephone. Her brother had a crown of flowers sitting atop his head, which he seemed to wear proudly, smiling lovingly down at the girl who created it. Persephone was sitting on the floor next to her bed as Hades weaved little daisies she had created into her hair. Wednesday could have vomited at the sight.

Ignoring the pair, she turned her attention to Thing. "I snapped at you. I'll check my tone in the future. Now chop-chop, before all our leads turn cold." With that, she turns to make her way to the stairs leading down to the main section of the dorm. Thing just continues flicking through the magazine, making Wednesday snap her head round. "What is it that you want? Hand cream? Nail buffer? New cuticle scissors? Consider it done."

This seems to anger Thing, who shuts the magazine and tosses it aside. He taps on the bed making Wednesday sigh and look to the nosy pair. The two avert their eyes and pretend they haven't been listening the whole time. Wednesday approaches the bed and hits her brother's legs, hinting for him to move. He glares but swings his legs over anyway, allowing Wednesday to sit down.

Thing makes some gestures. "I know I'm stubborn, single-minded and obsessive. But those are all traits of great writers." Thing imitates a gun shooting. "Yes. And serial killers. What's your point?" Thing makes a few more gestures. "I have nothing to get off my chest, and I am not submitting to your emotional blackmail." Thing drums his fingers on the bed, indicating that he is waiting for her to open up.

"Looks like you're gonna have to give him what he wants, Weds. We're all waiting." Hades smiles sarcastically.

"Fine." Wednesday huffs, glaring at her brother. She pulls out the drawing that Rowan had showed her. "When Rowan showed me this, it confirmed my greatest fear. That I'm going to be responsible for something terrible." Hades opens his mouth to make a snarky comment when Wednesday adds, "Not good terrible, like Ivan. Bad terrible. And I can't let that happen. That's why I need to find out the truth." Thing gently patted Wednesday's hand, showing her that he understands her.

Persephone was surprised by this confession. People only tend to see the worst in Wednesday, believing that she is heartless and doesn't care about any hurt she causes. This admission had disproved that. Wednesday is calculated and methodical, every action has a reason and a motive. She does have a heart after all. Even if it is a black heart. The unfeeling does feel.

"Breathe a word of this to anyone and I will end you." Wednesday threatens, causing Thing to inch back slightly. "All of you." She directs this towards Hades and Persephone, who raise their hands in mock surrender.

Wednesday and Thing are quick to depart, eager to continue the investigation. This leaves Hades and Persephone alone in the dorm. Persephone moved to sit on the bed with her head in Hades' lap, his fingers winding through her hair.