𝖑𝖎. 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖊𝖛𝖎𝖑𝖘 𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊

Persephone struggles to control her breathing as her chest heaves with small, erratic gasps

Persephone struggles to control her breathing as her chest heaves with small, erratic gasps. She pulls away from the hug to place her hands on Hades' cheeks. She's still having a difficult time processing what has just happened, her mind still afloat and drifting away with thoughts. Hades is her gravity and her tether to the earth.

"Y-you were dead and I tried to save you but it didn't work and then it did and-" Her sentences escape her lips in ragged bursts, sniffles and hiccups interrupting each word.

"I'm here." Hades shushes her softly, wiping away her tears with his thumb. She closes her eyes in blissful peace as she feels his warm touch. "How did you do it?"

Persephone picks up the necklace from where she had abandoned it on the floor, holding it up in front of their faces. The vial is now emptier than before, only half of it filled with the precious red liquid. Hades quirks an eyebrow in confusion, not sure what the necklace has to do with anything. Persephone decides to enlighten him. "Pomegranate seeds. That's the antidote."

"Pomegranate seeds, huh?" He contemplates, knowing the significance of the sweet fruit in the tale of the original Hades and Persephone. He chuckles to himself and mutters, "How ironic?"

"You will also be glad to know that you were right." Persephone smiles at his puzzled expression. "I am more powerful than they thought."

Hades' confusion melts away into pride. "I told you so." He places a quick peck on her nose, loving the way her face scrunches at the gesture. Suddenly, she delivers a strong whack to his arm. "Ow! What was that for?"

"Don't you ever die and then come back to life on me again!" Persephone warns, wagging her finger in his face like a mother scolding her child. "I don't think my heart could take it."

Hades laughs at the girl he's proud to love. "Yes, ma'am. As long as you promise the same."

Persephone nods in agreement and mumbles, "I think the two of us have had enough near-death experiences for one semester of school."

"Wait." Hades' head whips in all directions in bafflement. "Where's Wednesday and the bitch?"

Persephone eyes widen in alarm. She had momentarily forgotten that there was a psychopath on the loose... Oops. "Shit."

Thank Satan for Thing. What would they do without him? He emerged from the shadows of the greenhouse, revealing himself to the couple.

"Thing!" Hades exclaims, glad to see the disembodied hand who rushes over to them.

"Thing, do you know where Miss Thornhill- Laurel- whoever she is took Wednesday?" Persephone asks, watching Thing begin to tap frantically in reply. Hades and Persephone exchange glances and come to a silent agreement. "We need reinforcements."

◇ ◇ ◇

"Enid!" Persephone yells out as she bursts through their dorm door with Hades on her tail. Thing jumps from the girl's shoulder to skid along the floor to the werewolf's bed.