𝖛𝖎𝖎. 𝖕𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖙 𝖎𝖙, 𝖇𝖑𝖆𝖈𝖐

Wednesday's beautifully haunting cello rendition of "Paint It, Black" echoed throughout the school

Wednesday's beautifully haunting cello rendition of "Paint It, Black" echoed throughout the school. It provided the perfect soundtrack for the actions of people throughout Nevermore and nearby Jericho.

For Rowan, who was sneaking into the Nightshade's Library, using his telekinetic ability to levitate the book he needed to his awaiting hand. Flipping to a page not unfamiliar to him, he ripped out the unearthly image out of the book: Nevermore in flames, with Wednesday in the middle...

For Tyler, who was snooping around his dad's old case files, searching for one particular name. Opening a metal drawer, he spotted the file he had been looking for: Gomez Addams...

For Sheriff Galpin, who pulled a can of beer from his desk drawer, cracking it open and taking a swig. He approached a suspect board, which was being used to showcase the faces of three unfortunate victims. He takes another sip from the can, eyes focusing on a newspaper clipping, the headline reading: Murder or Animal Attack?...

For Xavier, hard at work, painting in the Quad. He stops, hearing the echantingly dark melody. Looking up into the chilling night, he can already feel his fingers twitching to paint the image in his head: Wednesday playing her cello...

For Miss Thornhill, feeding her venus flytraps. She perks up, hearing the music and smiling slightly. She drops the worm she's holding into the flytrap's awaiting mouth, turning the page of the book she is reading: 'Pick Your Poison' by Belladonna Ambrose...

For Principal Weems, typing away in her candelit office. She sighs contentedly, swivelling her chair and leaning back to bask in the music. Her abandoned laptop stays open, displaying her previous online search: The legend of Hades and Persephone...

◇ ◇ ◇

Persephone had encouraged Enid to talk to Wednesday, hoping that it might dissolve the tension between the roommates. So as Enid made her way out onto the balcony to take her friend's advice, Persephone snuck out onto her own balcony to listen in. Hers was smaller than the main one with an iron railing to stop her from toppling over, so she was able to lean over the edge slightly. She needed to make sure that it didn't end in another argument. Luckily, she didn't need to intervene as things went better than she expected, both girls opening up to each other significantly.

"Your secret's safe with me." Enid tells Wednesday sincerely after the goth girl opened up about her pet scorpion, Nero's, tragic death.

"And me!" Persephone calls out, leaning over the railing so she is visible to the two.

"You were eavesdropping the whole time!" Enid exclaims in disbelief, head tilted to see her friend's smug smile.

"Of course I was. Had to make sure I wasn't going to be cleaning blood off the balcony." She replied. "Glad to see you two are kinda getting along." She was very happy that her plan had worked.

"I still think she's weird as shit." Enid mumbles, not ready to give Persephone any credit that would make her more smug.

"The feeling is incredibly mutual." Comes Wednesday's response.

"Look at my two babies agreeing with each other." Persephone coos, pretending to dab away tears collecting in her eyes. Enid and, in particular, Wednesday are not amused by Persephone's comments and decide to block out her theatrical crying.

"How would the two of you like your room back? You just need to show me how to use your computer." Wednesday offers, Enid straightening up.

The three girls write Enid's number on Thing's palm and send him to visit a normie that Wednesday had met during her escape attempt. While they were waiting, Persephone braided Enid's hair with small flowers while Wednesday gave her instructions and tips. Eventually, Enids laptop began to ring, confusing Wednesday.

"That will be your normie friend." Persephone prompts her, shooing her towards the laptop. She's curious as to how Wednesday managed to make friends with a normie, when she seems so withdrawn and unwelcoming. The goth girl hurried to the laptop, sitting down before pausing with both hands in the air. It was clear to anyone with eyes, that the girl did not know what she was doing.

"Uh... hi." Tyler hesitantly greets, the whole situation baffling him. He was on a call with a girl who told him she didn't have a phone with a disembodied hand sitting on his desk.

"Is that the guy who works at the coffee shop in Jericho?" Persephone whispers to Enid, who hits her on the shoulder to shut her up. The two girls were hovering nearby under the excuse that they would help with any technological queries, but really it's to listen in on the call.

"That's Thing." Wednesday informs, noticing Tyler's eyes drifting to something off camera.

"Is he, like, your pet?" Tyler asks, still eying Thing hesitantly. Persephone guesses that Thing doesn't take that comment well.

"He's sensitive."

"Look, I know Nevermore is ground zero for all things weird, but this is next-level. So, what happened to not wanting to be a slave to technology?"

"Desperate times. Are you still willing to help me escape?"

"After what happened at the Weathervane today, I figured they'd have you in solitary." Persephone finds this guy's voice very boring. Not at all like Hades.

"There's the Harvest Festival this weekend. Attendance is mandatory. I'm going to use it as a cover." Wednesday explains her plan. "If you're still willing to drive me to the train station, I can make it worth your while."

"I'm in. And no charge. Consider it a freebie." Tyler replies, Persephone's eyes widen to Enid. She doesn't quite trust this boy and, judging by her facial expression, Enid doesn't either.

"Why?"

"Cause I wish I was going with you." Tyler admits, hidden emotions behind his voice. "At least one of us will get out of this hellhole town."

Persephone wonders if Hades will go with his sister. She couldn't ask him to stay with he- here... stay here if he didn't want to stay. Her heart sinks at the thought of not seeing him everyday. She would miss seeing him smile (not knowing that she was the reason for his smiles). She would miss his deep brown eyes that always seemed to focus on her, even when no one else was. He always gave her his full attention. She would miss him. Everything about him.