𝖝𝖝𝖎. 𝖈𝖍𝖎𝖓 𝖚𝖕, 𝖇𝖚𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖈𝖚𝖕

"What kind of dystopian hellscape is this?" Wednesday asks with disgust as the trio stand outside Hawte Kewture

"I have to agree with Wednesday on this one." Persephone admits, looking at the dresses on display. None of them were quite her style.

Enid ignores the disdain of the two girls. "Our first roomie shopping spree! The dance committee's suggesting all white to match the theme, but that's not gonna fly with us."

"Well I have more pressing business than to worry about a stupid dress for a dance I don't even want to attend." Wednesday announces bitterly.

"But I thought we were bonding." Enid says sadly, turning to face the girl.

"I fear I'll only slow you down. You're a gazelle. I'm a wounded fawn. Cut me loose and go run with the pack." Wednesday motions to a group of Nevermore students entering the store.

"Are you sure?" Wednesday wordlessly responds with a nod of the head making Enid skip off into the shop.

"This pressing business..." Persephone prompts, looking at Wednesday. "Would you prefer to do it alone? Or would you like some backup?" Persephone knows that Wednesday is independent, but even the most headstrong people need help from time to time.

"Go with Enid." Wednesday instructs. "She needs cheering up after being stood up." Persephone nods at the girl, who she now feels she can consider a friend.

"Wednesday Addams has a heart afterall." Persephone comments, sending Wednesday a small smile before heading into the boutique.

She is immediately jumped on by Enid who screams, "Sephy!" into her ear. The blonde's arms are wrapped around Persephone's shoulders. "I'm so glad you're here. I need to find the perfect dress to make Ajax realise what he's missing." Then the brunette is dragged further into the shop.

◇ ◇ ◇

A few hours later, Persephone is drowning in masses of fabric. Various layers of tulle, satin and chiffon are piled into her arms with feathers tickling her nose and sequins scratching her arms. And those are all for Enid to try on. Persephone has yet to find anything to catch her eye, whereas Enid has plenty of options.

"Enid. I think you've got plenty to choose from." Persephone attempts to reason. "Maybe you could actually go and try them on now?"

"But... we've only covered half of the store." Enid, whose arms are also full, nods to the hundreds of rails they've yet to look at. "What if there's something better out there and I don't find it."

"Well, we can narrow down the options you've got so far." Persephone suggests, really hoping for the sake of her poor aching arms that Enid agrees.

"You're right." Enid nods, heading to the changing room with Persephone trailing behind.

"How many?" The attendant asks lazily.