𝖉𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 ↠ 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖘

Parents Weekend had certainly been eventful. Arrests, murder accusations, grave digging... The list could go on and on. It was a relief to everyone when Gomez was released from prison and they could put all the traumatic family drama behind them. They were then free to enjoy the rest of the visit peacefully. Hades, Wednesday and Pugsley were off having some quality sibling time by using Pusley as target practice. This left Persephone with two sets of parents to entertain.

"Have Wednesday and Hades been behaving terribly?" Morticia asks the girl as they sit round a table in the Quad.

"Of course they have." Persephone replies with a slight laugh, making Morticia smile at the girl.

"I'm so glad Wednesday has made such a good friend. She's had a hard time finding people she can get along with at her previous schools. I had high hopes that Nevermore would be different. And it certainly delivered with you." Morticia was beaming fondly at the girl who had somehow befriended her notoriously detached daughter. "Hades seems to have grown fond of you as well."

Persephone's face flushes as she looks down at her fidgeting hands. "He's the best thing that has ever happened to me."

"That's quite unusual for him. He usually becomes everyone's worst nightmare." Morticia smirks knowingly. "I heard the two of you went to the Rave'N together."

"Yeah, we did." Persephone can't help the smile that spreads across her face at the memories. "I took pictures on my phone. I thought you would like to see Wednesday and Hades all dressed up." She pulls her phone from her pocket and Morticia notices that the background is an image of Hades and Persephone. She has never seen a softer look in Hades' eyes as he looks down at the girl. It takes her by surprise.

"Is that my Wednesday?" Morticia gasps, admiring the photo of her daughter. "She looks so beautiful. My, that dress is just perfect for her." Persephone is glad that the mother-daughter duo has been able to work out the differences between them because she can see how much Morticia truly cares for her daughter. "Oh, Gomez! Come see!" She calls out to her husband who quickly appears at his wife's side.

"That's my little death trap." He coos, tearing up slightly while staring at his daughter. "How murderous she looks. What about Hades?"

Persephone swipes along to the next photo, before blushing profusely. It is not just Hades in the frame. He looks very handsome in his black suit but his eyes are fixed on Persephone who stands next to him. He has his arm wrapped around her waist and is staring at her with, what Morticia can only describe as, heart-eyes.

The Addams' couple are stunned into silence as they gaze at the pair

The Addams' couple are stunned into silence as they gaze at the pair. A very similar photo exists of the two of them at their own school dance. It feels like they're staring straight into the past. The next generation Morticia and Gomez. The amount of devotion in Hades' gaze is powerful and can be detected through the screen. Persephone seems to just melt into Hades' arms, like she has returned home. They love each other, that much is clear to Morticia and Gomez.

"He's the spitting image of you, Gomez." Morticia comments, smiling through her shock at seeing the pair look so strikingly similar to themselves. "And Persephone, you look stunning."

"Thank you, Mrs Addams."

Morticia places a gentle hand on the girl's shoulder. "Please call me Morticia, my dear. You're practically family." Persephone assumes that Morticia says this because the Addams are friends with her parents. Whether that's true or not, it puts her at ease and makes her feel more comfortable in the older woman's presence.

"I have a lot more photos of Hades and Wednesday from their time at Nevermore if you want to see." Persephone offers excitedly, which is met by similar enthusiasm from the Addams'. Gomez takes a seat on the other side of Persephone and the two lean over the girl's shoulder to scroll through the images together.

Morticia marvels at Wednesday in her Poe Cup costume with Hades standing next to her teasingly

Morticia marvels at Wednesday in her Poe Cup costume with Hades standing next to her teasingly. Roars of laughter are shared at the photo which shows Wednesday nearly dislocating Hades' arm. Fond smiles creep onto the Addams parents as they admire Wednesday's sour unimpressed stare in her beekeeping uniform.

As the slideshow of photos continues, not only do Morticia and Gomez see the friendship building up between the two girls, but they can see the growing infatuation between Hades and Persephone. Their son has never been happier, practically glowing in a blissful euphoric state in every photo. They are seeing sides to Hades they have never seen before. And it's obvious that the affection is mutual. It's just a matter of time before one of them musters up the courage to confess their feelings.

 It's just a matter of time before one of them musters up the courage to confess their feelings

◇ ◇ ◇

Hades wanders into the Quad with his siblings following behind. He hated to admit it, but he had missed his brother for more than just target practice. The younger boy was soft and more emotional, but that's what Hades was like around Persephone. She has taught him that emotions don't make you weaker, if anything they can make you stronger.

As he reaches the courtyard, the most delightful sound hits his ears which makes him whip his head around to find the source. Persephone is sat at a table with his parents either side of her. They are chatting in an animated manner with broad smiles visible on their faces. Persephone's head is thrown back in exuberant laughter and Hades can feel his heart speed up. Seeing her seem so comfortable with his family sends a warm smile to his face.

"You like Persephone, don't you?" Pugsley asks innocently, watching his brother look at the girl with an uncharacteristically tender smile.

"Yes I do, Pugs." Hades admits proudly, his eyes only leaving the girl for a moment to glance over at the small boy. "How could you tell?"

Pugsley's gaze flickers between the two for a moment before replying, "You look at her the way dad looks at mom."