Chapter Six: Unsteady-

"Nyx I don't think that is a good idea we don't know what is going on with you

"Nyx I don't think that is a good idea we don't know what is going on with you. You also don't heal as fast as us." He tells me and I glare at him. "I'm not a doll. I can handle a few more cracks in my porcelain." I tell him as my eyes burn bright purple. "Nyx you don't have to..." Isaac starts and I send a gentle glare his way. Derek sighs and stands there ready for me. I let out a small breath before analyzing my surrounding area. "Go," Derek shouts. I nod my head and take off towards him I jump over several objects. I fake a high jump like Isaac had been doing, before diving and kicking out his legs causing him to fall. I tackle him and I grab his arm suddenly I am flooded with his memories. I freeze and jump off of him my heart pounding in my chest as I look at him with worry. He looks at me with a similar expression. "Nyx..." He starts as he walks towards me. "I'm sorry you're right. I shouldn't have tried it." I mumble before I run off and out the door. I make it to school and I go through the day with little to no interaction with the rest of the pack.

I was hanging around at the school pool while the lacrosse game was going on. It might have been because my dad was the old swim coach or that beach days were my mom's favorite before she passed away. There has always been something about the water that was so calming. I am pulled from my thoughts by Erica walking in with Stiles as well as Derek holding a basketball. "Oh," Stiles says and I quietly watch them from my place behind a half wall that leads to the locker rooms. "Stiles," Derek says as Erica joins his side. "Derek..." Stiles comments back worriedly. "What did you see at the mechanic's garage?" Derek asks and I raise an eyebrow confused. Maybe this was about the paralysis thing I felt through him earlier. "Uh, several alarming EPA violations that I'm seriously considering reporting–" He says evasively before Derek pops the basketball. This causes Stiles to yelp. "Holy God!" I couldn't see Derek's face but I could tell he had on his famous smirk. "Let's try that again." He says.

I look above the three of them and my heart drops seeing this weird-looking reapltian creature climbing on the wall above them. "You have this look on your faces like you know exactly what I am talking about..." Stiles says before turning around and the creature drops down in front of them. It smacks Erica into the wall knocking her out. Derek crutches in front of Stiles before shouting at him to run. Derek's back was turned to the creature, and it slashes one of its claws at him. "Derek, your neck!" Stiles says, Derek looks around trying to find the creature who has seemingly disappeared. Stiles throws his arm over his shoulder and leads Derek past the pools. "Hey, come on. Where is it? Can you see it?" Stiles questions as they go around the pools I look around trying to find it. "I can smell it, hurry. Call Scott!" Derek demands. Stiles pulls out his phone but drops it he goes to grab it and Derek falls into the pool. "Stiles what the hell!!" I shout before we both dive in after him. I hook an arm around Derek's waist and drape his arms around both of our shoulders. "Where did it go? Do you see it?" Stiles asks and I look around. "No." Derek says and Stiles pants, "Okay, maybe it took off?" He says before we all hear a loud screech, "...Maybe not." I mumble. 

Word Count: 659