Chapter Sixteen: Speak Now- Taylor Swift

I gasp softly my eyes flying open and I move to sit up when I feel someone grab my shoulders

I gasp softly my eyes flying open and I move to sit up when I feel someone grab my shoulders. I look around wildly before my eyes land on Derek who was asleep beside me. He was sitting on a wheelie stool his hands clasping mine as his head rests on the table. "I didn't think you would want to wake him." I hear Deaton say softly as I nod my head before facing him. "What day is it?" I mumble and Deaton smiles. "It's okay you've only been out for a few hours." He tells me and I nod my head gently before laying back on the table. "He's going to question you, you know that was very reckless what you did." He tells me and I smirk. "I would rather be stupid and reckless than have the people I care about be dead," I mutter to him before turning to Derek and I run a hand through his hair gently. "Derek," I say softly and he stirs looking around before his worried eyes land on me. "Nyx are you alright?" He asks me and I nod my head gently. "Yeah, I'm okay," I say softly. He helps me into a sitting position and runs a thumb over a fading scar on my cheek. "Why, why did you do that?" He asks me and I shrug my shoulders looking down. "I was thinking about protecting everyone," I say softly as I shake my head and he raises an eyebrow. "You endangered yourself by doing that." He says I could hear him fighting to keep the anger from his voice. I look up at him my eyes showing all my cards. "I would do it again if it meant you were safe," I say before hopping off the table and walking out of the building. I feel tears building up in my eyes I wipe them away and I go to leave when suddenly a hand grips my throat tightly.

I awoke with a small hiss of pain falling from my lips as I sit up slowly. I look around and I notice I'm in Derek's loft. I slowly sit up and look up terrified seeing Deucalion walking towards me, he smiles and stops in front of me. "Don't worry Ms. Lahey, no harm will come to you." He tells me before he nods to another wolf who grabs me and drags me inside the loft. I look in fear seeing Derek getting beat, "Derek!" I scream, he turns to face me and starts to win making his way toward me when the wolf holding me grabs my throat. I gasp softly and Derek freezes and Kali stabs a long metal pipe through his back. I gasp in horror my eyes glued to the scene in front of me. I look back hearing the familiar tapping of a cane. "...Everybody done?" Deucalion asks as he surveys the room, "'Cause just listening to that was exhausting." He says before walking down the stairs and stopping in front of Derek and getting down to his height. "So... let's chat." He says with a small smirk pulling at his lips.

"Sorry about this, Derek-- I asked Kali to be gentle, but..." Deucalion starts before looking up at Kali who smirks, "This is me being gentle." She says before twisting the pipe. Derek groans in pain. "Let... let t-them go..." He pants out. Deucalion waves a hand and Cora and I are let go. Cora goes running toward him but he shakes his head. "No," Derek says and she stops short. She looks at me and I give her a small nod. "See? We're not unreasonable." Deucalion says looking at us before looking at Derek. "What do you want? You want to kill me?" Derek asks weakly it honestly broke my heart. "You really think I'm that boring? Don't throw me in with sociopaths like your uncle! I'm a man with far more vision than simple murder..." Deucalion says slightly offended before he removes his glasses and his eyes shine bright red but different than any alpha I've seen. "I'm here to show you just how much vision a blind man can have." He says before Kali pushes the pipe more. "You're killing him!" Cora says desperately. "Not yet, little sister... But I could." Kali says before turning back to Derek. "Who knows if it's five minutes or five hours before it's too late to take this thing out?" She starts before I cut her off. "Kali that is enough. Deucalion please get to the point." I plead and he looks at me with a wicked smile. "Even after everything he has done to you, you still care about him... I wonder if he feels the same way." Deucalion says before shaking his head. "That will be a topic for another day. Now you see the one problem with being in an Alpha Pack-- everybody wants to make the decisions! Me? I'm more about discovering new talents... Like you." He says to Derek, "Not interested." Derek says weakly.

"But you haven't even heard my pitch!" He says in faux offense.

"You want me to kill my own pack?"

"No... I want you to kill one of them. Do that, and I won't have to ask you to kill the others-- you'll do it on your own."

"I did it. Ennis did. Kali did.

"Tell him what it's like, Kali, to kill one of your own.

"Mmm... liberating." She says with a wicked smile. "Listen to me, Derek-- do you really want to stay beholden to a couple of maladjusted teenagers, bound to become a liability? And believe me, they will become a liability. In fact... I have a feeling one of them is getting himself into trouble right now..." Deucalion says looking up.

Derek was gasping for breath as Deucalion stands over him. "See, the reason I'm always invested in new talent is simple. We all know a pack is strongest due to its individual parts-- the stronger the individual parts, the stronger the whole." He says before extending his cane. "When I lost my sight, one of my Betas assumed I wasn't fit for my role anymore. He tried to take it from me. Killing him taught me something about Alphas I didn't know they could do. His power was added to mine. I became stronger, faster, and more powerful than I'd ever been. I tested this new ability to subsume the power of your own by killing another one..." Deucalion explains as uses his cane to show him breaking his pack, "In fact, Derek, I killed them all. I took the individual parts and became a greater individual whole." He says chuckling as he extends his cane again before crouching down in front of Derek and grabbing him by his hair pulling his head up. He runs a hand over his face and chuckles before looking up at Kali "...You're right, Kali. He looks like his mother." He says before standing up and walking around Derek. "You'll get to know me, Derek... like she did." He says Derek lifts his head as blood drips from his mouth. "I know you. I know what you are... You're a fanatic..." Derek grunts. Deucalion scoffs. "Know me? You've never seen anything like me!" He sets his cane down and turns around. "I am the Alpha of Alphas! I am the apex of apex predators! I am Death, Destroyer of Worlds! I am the Demon-Wolf!" He says loudly, Cora cowers behind a beam as Kali pulls the pole from his body. I stare him down not letting the fear get to me. Deucalion pulls off his glasses that cracked and sighs. "...I hate when that happens." He says Derek falls to the floor gasping and I watch as they leave. Deucalion looks back at me and smirks. "You will be the strongest Luna ever." He says before they leave. I watch the door close and I run over to Derek's side and pull him close to me trying not to move him too much. Cora joins me as I focus on helping his pain as tears prick my eyes. 

Word Count: 1,380