Chapter Ten: I Won't Give Up On Us- Jason Mraz

I follow Lydia closely as she drags Derek through the woods I sent a text to Deaton to let him know what the hell was going on

I follow Lydia closely as she drags Derek through the woods I sent a text to Deaton to let him know what the hell was going on. I freeze suddenly noticing that we were at the ruins of Derek's childhood home. I swallow and step on to the porch I nearly crumple as I am flooded with the feelings of the ones who have died here. I gasp as I stumble into the house following the sounds of Derek pleading with Lydia. "Lydia... Lydia, stop. You don't know what you're doing." He tells her before she flashes a mirror so that the beam of the moon shone down on to a hole that Derek's arm was hanging in. Derek lets out a pained cry and I am able to stop feeling everyone else's emotions. "Derek!" I call as I run over to his side my heart pounding in my chest. I watch as the red leaves his eyes and he passes out. "No no no Derek... Derek." I say my hands cupping his face worriedly. I flinch and cover Derek with my body when suddenly a man bursts from under the floorboards. "I heard there was a party... Don't worry, I invited myself..." He says and I stare at him with wide eyes. I could feel my eyes were still purple as I hover over Derek protectively. The man looks at me and his eyes go wide, "Of course he would find a fairy." he mutters before disappearing with Lydia. I am left there staring after him confused.

Deaton was sitting with me as we try to wake up Derek. I snap my fingers as an idea comes to my head. "Dog whistle." I say and Deaton smiles before handing me a matte black whistle. I blow the whistle and suddenly Derek's eyes open. His vision focusing on the two of us as he pants. "That sounds... What was it?" He asks weakly and I hold up the dog whistle. Deaton smiles and Derek looks away as I help him to his feet, he nearly falls but, Deaton helps me hold him up. "You're going to be weak for several hours." Deaton explains as Derek looks around his eyes landing on the hole in the floor. "...It actually happened." He says surprised and I look away. "Don't worry-- you're still an Alpha." Deaton says to Derek, "But, as usual, not a particularly competent one..." he mutters grimly. "Where is he?" Derek asks and I shake my head. "I don't know it was like he vanished. "Then how about you tell me what you're doing here, and why you're helping me?" He asks turning his full attention to Deaton. "Because Nyx called and helping your family actually used to be a pretty important part of my life. Helping you was a promise I made to your mother." Deaton explains causing Derek and I to look at him confused. "You're the one my sister talked about. She said you're a kind of adviser?" Derek says and Deaton nods his head.

"She was right. And I have some advice that you need to listen to very closely right now." Deaton says before looking at the hole in the floor.

"What Peter managed to do doesn't come without a price. He'll be physically weak, so he'll rely on the strength of his intelligence, his cunning. He's gonna come at you, Derek. He'll try to twist his way inside your head, preying on your insecurities. He'll tell you that he's the only way you can stop Gerard. Do not trust him."

"I don't trust anyone," Derek says and I look down a twinge of pain in my heart.

"I know-- if you did, you might be the Alpha you like to think you are. And, unfortunately, the one person you should trust? Doesn't trust you at all."

"...Scott."

"He's with Stilinski right now. You need to find him-- you need to find him as fast as you can. I've known Gerard for a long time. He always has a plan. Something tells me it's going exactly the way he wants it to." Deaton says and I swallow gently before looking at Derek, who is heading out of the house. "I'm going to go find Scott." He says I follow after him. "I'll come with you," I tell him and he shakes his head. "No, you're not. I don't know what we are up against anymore and I need you to stay safe," he tells me before disappearing into the woods. I sigh softly and look down biting my lip gently. I turn back around and face Deaton, "Deaton I need to talk to you about something that Peter said to me." I say and he gives me a confused look. "What's on your mind, Ms. Lahey?" He asks me and I swallow gently. "Peter said... 'Of course, he would find a fairy'... Is that what I am?" I ask him confused. Deaton looks at me surprised. "I think we should talk about this in my office." He tells me before waving a hand towards his car, I swallow gently and nod my head following him to the car.

Word Count: 880