Chapter Twelve: Night Changes- One Direction

I wraith in pain as what feels like electricity is pumped through my body

I wraith in pain as what feels like electricity is pumped through my body. I feel bruises appearing on my body as it feels like I am being beaten by my father again. "Derek please help..." I beg him. "Peter, what do I do?" He questions as Peter crouches down beside us. "You have to be her anchor," Peter tells him. I grab Derek's hand and he pulls me closer. His eyes slowly change to red as he looks into mine. "Focus on me Nyx. I'm right here focus just on my emotions." He tells me in a soft voice. I nod my head gently and focus on his breathing, his heartbeat all these small details before finally resting on his emotions. Slowly I felt my emotions and his become intertwined. It was like the twin link with Isaac but, deeper and more meaningful. I open my eyes again and Derek releases a small sigh. "Are you alright?" He asks me and I nod my head gently. He helps me to my feet and presses a light kiss on my forehead. "We will be back with Scott and Isaac." He promises me before he disappears along with Peter. I take a seat on the stairs and wait for them as I mull over what just happened.

We moved our conversation to the old Hale house because Peter needed to get something. "Oh. Oh, they found Stiles!" Scott says hanging up his phone and he nods his head to me. I release a small sigh before checking my phone as I nibble on my lip, Derek notices of course. "Everything alright Nyx?" He asks me and I shoot my head up and look into his eyes. "Yeah, everything is fine," I say softly before Scott returns to the group. "Something is going on with Jackson. My mom is freaking out." He says and I nod my head. "I'll take the Betas to the hospital, call me if you find anything. Peter you are going to want to look specifically as to what happens when a Kanima hurts itself." I tell them, and Peter gives me a nod, before Scott, Isaac, and I head out to my car and take off to the hospital.

We get into the hospital and Melissa flags us down. She takes us to the back and there laid Jackson Whitmore only he was covered in a jelly-like substance. "What's happening to him?" Scott asks and I bite my lip. "I thought you were gonna tell me! Is it bad?" She asks worriedly causing Isaac to lean over Jackson and look. "It doesn't look good..." Isaac says when suddenly Jackson starts to twitch. "Whoa!" Isaac and Scott say back-to-back. Scott looks at Jackson panicking, "Uh, Mom, could you zip it up, please?" He asks and Melissa looks at him, "Okay. Okay, okay." She says walking over and I shake my head. "I got it, Ms. McCall," I tell her in a gentle tone. I grab the zipper and it gets stuck just below his chin. "Nyx, zip!" He says after Jackson's head starts moving and he hisses. "Okay, okay, okay, okay..." I say anxiously. "Zip! Zip, Nyx! Zip! Zip!" Scott says hurriedly as I zip up the bag. Isaac pulls me away from the bag and holds me close in a protective manner as we four stare at the bag. I swallow and look at Scott, "Scott, call Derek, now." I tell him before looking back at the body bag.

I look at the bag worriedly as Scott calls Derek. Something about the whole thing was just not sitting right with me. "Looks like what you all have seen from Jackson is just the Kanima's Beta shape..." I hear Peter's voice say from over the phone, "Shit I hate it when my feelings are right." I mumble causing Isaac to look at me. "Well, meaning what? It can turn into something bigger?" He asks and I nod my head gently, "Bigger and badder." I whisper horrified. "He's turning into that? That has wings!!!" Derek practically shouts from the phone, this causes all of us to look at the body bag. "Scott, bring him to us," Derek says causing Scott to look at the bag which is starting to move more. "I'm not sure if we have time for that..." I say worriedly. Scott goes to say something when Peter speaks up, "Look! Somebody actually made an animation of it. Maybe it's less frightening if we–" He starts before pressing play on the video. There is a loud roar that nearly breaks the phone speaker. "Nope. Not at all. We should probably meet them halfway." He says and I hear shuffling. "Scott, get him out of there now. Go now!" He instructs before hanging up the phone.

I was following Isaac and Scott as they carried Jackson outside. "Hold on, hold on–," I say as I peek around the corner seeing a family head inside. "Okay, go. Go, go, go, go, go!" I whisper waving them ahead. They run ahead a little bit and I follow them close behind Scott loses his grip and drops his side causing Isaac to gasp. We all look at the boys terrified. Before Scott tries to grab him again when a car pulls up. They turn off their headlights and step out, I was surprised to see Chris Argent. Isaac stands in front of me protectively again. "You're alone," Scott comments hesitantly. "More than you know," Chris says and Scott looks at him. "What do you want?" Scott asks shaking his head. Chris takes a deep breath, "We don't have much in common, Scott... But, at the moment, we have a common enemy." He says and Scott looks to the body bag and then back to him, "That's why I'm trying to get him out of here–" Scott says before Chris interrupts him. "I didn't mean Jackson." He says causing me to step out from behind Isaac. "You mean his master," I comment and Chris nods his head his eyes widening slightly seeing me. "Gerard has twisted his way into Allison's head, the same way he did with Kate... And I'm losing her. And I know you're losing her, too." He says talking to Scott. "You're right. So, can you trust me to fix this?" Scott starts nodding. "Then, can you let us go?" he asks. Chris looks away and then back at us, "No... my car is faster." He says walking over to help the boys load up Jackson. We all get into the car and drive off.

We make it to the warehouse district and stop the car. Isaac gets out of the car and looks back inside, "I think he stopped moving..." He says softly causing me to look at the bag worriedly. "Where's Derek?" Chris asks. I look down the road and smile slightly as I shove my hands in the pockets of my red leather jacket. He comes running up on all fours before jumping and landing in front of us his red eyes glowing brightly in the night. "Someone certainly enjoys making an entrance," I comment with a small smirk. I look to the side and I see Peter hiding out holding back a laugh. "I'm here for Jackson-- not you." Argent says and Derek stares at him, "Somehow, I don't find that very comforting." Derek says before looking at the boys "Get him inside." he instructs. After bringing him inside, Scott looks around. "Where are they?" Scott asks causing me to look at him confused. "Who?" Derek asks and Scott looks at him, "Peter and Lydia!" Derek ignores him and starts to unzip the bag. "Whoa! Hold on a second-- you said you knew how to save him." Scott says and I look at Derek. "We're past that," Derek says. "What about–" Scott starts before Derek interrupts him "Think about it, Scott! Gerard controls him now. He's turned Jackson into his own personal guard dog, and he set all of this in motion so that Jackson could get even bigger and more powerful." Mr. Argent shakes his head. "No. No, he wouldn't do that. If Jackson's a dog, he's turning rabid, and my father wouldn't let a rabid dog live." Mr. Argent says before another voice joins us. "Of course not..." says an older man I swallow gently something about him sets off all of the alarm bells in my head. "Anything that dangerous, that out of control... is better off dead." He says, Derek, leans down and goes to slash at Jackson's throat. The wheels in my head start to turn. 'This is a part of his plan.' "No Derek don't," I say running over to him. I stop in front of him, pain rips through my back I gasp as tears dot my eyes. "No!!!" I hear several voices shout as I am raised into the air.

 "No!!!" I hear several voices shout as I am raised into the air

Word Count: 1,523