Chapter Seven: Say Something - Great Big World

I shiver gently as I run through town my small frame shaking from the cold

I shiver gently as I run through town my small frame shaking from the cold. I had left my car at the Stilinski house and I was on my way there now to try and forget this crazy night. Derek's car pulls up beside me, "Nyx get in the car." He says and I shake my head gently. "I'm fine Derek go back to the pack," I tell him. He drives up and parks the car in front of me before getting out of the car. "Nyx you are wet it is cold get in the car." He demands and I shake my head and push past him. "I'm fine I don't need your charity." I all but shout at him. He grabs my arm and pulls me back. I flinch gently but hold my ground. "Your brother isn't as stubborn as you are. Why can't you accept a little help?" He asks me and I glare at him, "Because I can't afford it!!" I scream at him a small purple blast erupts from me and shakes the car. "I can't afford to let others in, I take care of others so I don't have to deal with my feelings! I'm an empath I feel what everyone is feeling and that is the only way I can survive! And what is worse, ever since the bite everything has been amplified! I feel everything from everyone! I can't stand my own feelings, Derek!" I shout at him my body shaking no longer from the cold but, now from anger and shock. "If I let someone in and I lose them... I won't survive Derek. I'm not strong like you." I tell him. He pulls me close and I freeze, "I'm sorry Nyx, I've been so worried about everything else. Just please get in the car and we can go and talk with Deaton, together." He tells me. I look up at him and nod my head gently. "Okay."

We drive silently and walk into the animal clinic and Deaton looks at us confused. "Derek, what are you doing here? And who is your friend?" He asks me. I swallow gently and worriedly looking up at Derek. "This is Nyx she is different." He says and I walk with him and Deaton into the back room. I look around the room nervously as Derek talks to Deaton both of them looking back at me. "I can feel both of ya'lls worry and confusion!" I say to them loudly Derek sighs and walks back over to me. Deaton follows him behind, "I've heard rumors about werewolf bite causing dormant supernatural bloodlines to come out. I just find it strange that something similar didn't happen to your brother." Deaton says looking me over. I swallow gently and look at Derek and Deaton "So, what does that mean?" I question confused as I tilt my head to the side. "Deaton here thinks that you are a witch of some kind," Derek says causing Deaton to shake his head. "Well yes but, it doesn't explain the reason for the advanced healing, as well as most witches aren't strong empaths." He says and I hang my head. "So... that means that we have no idea what I am," I say softly tears dotting my eyes.

The drive home was quiet for the most part. "I'm going to take you back to the apartment. I feel better knowing you are safe with the Kanima out here." He tells me and I look up at him. "But, I don't have any clothes..." I say softly as he parks the car. "I got it cover now come on you'll catch a cold." He tells me and I follow him closely behind. I was still shaking when we got inside the apartment. I look up and give Isaac, Erica, and Boyd looking at me worriedly. "I'm alright, I promise," I tell them before Derek leads me up a spiral staircase. He stops at a bathroom, "Take a shower warm up. I'll leave some clothes out here for you. Just come on out when you are ready." He tells me and I nod my head again gently. He moves to leave and I catch his hand. "What's wrong?" He asks me and I shake my head before hugging him gently. "Please don't tell the others," I whisper to him. He nods his head gently and gives me a gentle squeeze. 

Word Count: 740