Chapter Eighteen: It's Alright - Mother, Mother

I walk back to the car and set the groceries in the backseat before I take a seat in the driver's seat

I walk back to the car and set the groceries in the backseat before I take a seat in the driver's seat. I sigh softly and run a hand through my hair when suddenly a bloody hand slaps the window. I let out a scared yelp before I register that the hand belonged to the person I have been thinking about. "Derek?!" I nearly shout. He slides down the side of the car and I rush out of the car and to his side. His chest was scratched all to hell, my eyes were changing to their purple. I focused on his heartbeat it was slow but steady, and it kept me from feeling his pain. I pull Derek into his car and drive him back to the loft. Something told me to not take him to Deaton's and there was no way I was taking him to the hospital. I help lead him up to the loft, I grunt under his weight as he starts to lose consciousness again, "Derek, I can't-- I can't hold you anymore." I warn to him as we stumble into his room. He falls onto the bed and I sigh softly biting my lip worriedly.

I cut away his shirt and swallow gently, "How bad is it?" He asks me and my eyes dark up to his dark blue ones. "Do you want honestly? Because D you are bleeding black blood." I mumble softly. His head falls back and my eyes flash again as worry fills my brain. "Oh, gods Derek you better not die on me," I say softly as I rest my head against his chest. I release a small sigh I was holding as I hear the steady beating of his heart. I sit back and bite my lip worriedly, "I need you Derek please I can't run this pack." I whisper softly as I run my fingers through his hair gently.

I decided to make Derek some food for when he woke up. I let out a small scream of fear as I am suddenly overwhelmed with the feeling of fear gripping my heart. I fall to the floor and look around wildly before I fumble with my phone. I quickly press the call button and call Chris Argent, after two rings he answers the phone. "Hello?" Chris asks and I bite my lip. "Chris there is something wrong... The pack and Allison... there is something wrong and I don't know what it is." I tell him worriedly. "I'll give Allison a call, don't worry okay? I'm sure they are all fine." He tells me before hanging up the phone. I sigh softly and set my phone down before getting up and grabbing the food I made. I walk back into Derek's room and he is sitting up and he is more conscious. I set the food down on the bedside table before taking a seat in front of him. "How do you feel Der?" I ask softly my eyes dancing over the wounds that haven't healed. "I'll live." He says grunting softly as he sits up. I bite my lip gently as I look down picking at the bedsheet as a silence falls between the two of us. It was thick with an uneasy tension. "Nyx please say something I know something is on your mind." He says and I bite back a small smile. "You know me so well Derek," I mumble softly before looking up to meet his eyes. "I want to be selfish too Derek, for once I want to say to hell with everyone else and just do something without having to worry about the outcome and everyone's reactions," I confess tears falling from my eyes. Derek cups my cheek gently using his thumb to brush away the tears that fell from my eyes. "You are free to be selfish Nyx." He tells me and I bite my lip. "We both are Derek," I say softly before slowly leaning forward. I stop just shy of kissing him. His hand that was still on my cheek slides to the back of my neck and he closes the space with a gentle kiss pressed against my lips. His lips were slightly chapped but, I could barely notice. I was filled with the same feeling I had when Derek became my anchor. It was for lack of a better term magical. 

Word Count: 756