Chapter Nineteen: Back To December - Taylor Swift

I woke up the next morning curled against Derek's chest his arms wrapped around me securely

I woke up the next morning curled against Derek's chest his arms wrapped around me securely. I look up at his face and smile lightly seeing that he had a peaceful look on his face. It was rare to catch Derek like this when he didn't have the weight of the world weighing on his shoulders. "You're staring." He mumbles pulling me from my thoughts and causing me to smile. "I'm gazing." I counter looking down at his chest seeing his wounds healed in the night. "It's creepy." He tells me and I giggle, "No it's romantic." I say teasingly he opens his eyes halfway peeking at me before stealing the pillow from under my head and covering his face with it. "Derek, rude!" I say moving to steal back the pillow. He growls playfully grabbing my hips and moving me so my back hits the bed and he hovers over me. I blush lightly as he looks down at me his eyes full of love. "Good morning my luna." He whispers before kissing my forehead gently. I smile happily looking up at him. "Good morning my alpha, ready for today?" I ask him referring to getting the pack back together and he nods his head gently. "Let's do this," He says before getting up and helping me out of bed. I walk to my room and change into some pants and one of Derek's long sleeve shirts. Derek leans against the doorframe and smiles softly. "Are you sure you have to go to school today? You could skip." He says and I smirk shaking my head gently. "I'm going to school Derek, I can't fall behind. Besides, it will be eight short hours and then we will all be back here." I tell him softly before pressing a kiss to his cheek.

I woke up with a splitting headache as I look around confused and I'm in a car somewhere. I look to my sides and I recognize the twins were beside me. "Ethan?" I ask softly, "What's going on?" I ask, Ethan opens his mouth to say something but, Adien gives him a glare. I fiddle with my rings before the twins grab me and drag me out of the vehicle we were in and they drag me up the stairs to Derek's loft. "Gonna be honest, Derek... When Ennis died, I thought to myself, I'd just go for it-- find you and kill you, wherever you stood. Then, I remembered how you surround yourself with these teenagers, hiding behind them, and I thought, 'What's a girl gotta do to get you alone?'" Kali says before the twins bring me in front of the open door. Derek, Boyd, and Isaac look startled to see me being held by the twins. "I'm okay," I tell them my heart beating steady. "You and me, Derek... or they tear her apart," Kali says as Adien raises a clawed hand to my throat. I bite back a small whimper that built up in my throat. "What do you say? You think you can beat me one-on-one?" She says and Derek growls nearly shaking the whole room as his eyes glow bright red, "I'm gonna rip your throat out... With my teeth." He snaps at her after sending Boyd and Isaac back.

I flinch and curl against Ethan as the two of them fight Adien grabs my hair and yanks my head up forcing me to watch the fight, I had tears pouring down my cheeks when suddenly I am tackled out of Ethan and Aiden's grips and my eyes widen in fear seeing Derek and Boyd getting electrocuted along with Kali. "Take him!" Kali shouts to the twins who run over and grab Derek, "No No No!" I shout my voice breaking. "I'm giving you until the next full moon, Derek. Make the smart choice. Join the pack... or next time, I'm killing all of you." She threatens before dropping Boyd onto her claws. I run past Kali and the twins as they walk out of the loft.

I feel my eyes change as I take Boyd from his arms and I press my hands against his wounds. I don't know why, but something told me to focus on the wounds. I get out a breathless gasp as I hold on tightly to Boyd as Erica and Cora join me. My head shoots up and I look at Isaac, "Call Deaton now!" I growl loudly he runs off and I grab the two girls' hands. "He'll be okay, but he'll need ya'lls help," I tell them I press both their hands and mine against the wounds and my eyes burn brighter as his wounds slowly turn from back goo-like blood to a normal red. It was at that point Deaton ran in and I break into a small smile. He nods his head to me and I slide away from him my body shaking. I look to the side and see Derek looking distraught. I shakenly rise to my feet and go over to him. He still hasn't changed back, I kneel in front of him and cup his cheeks gently. "Derek, I need you to come back. Boyd is going to be okay." I tell him softly wrapping my arms around him gently.

Word Count: 903