Chapter Seventeen: Sad Song - We The Kings

I was laying in Derek's bed my arms curled tightly around his pillow as I stare at the wall in front of me

I was laying in Derek's bed my arms curled tightly around his pillow as I stare at the wall in front of me. Tears trail down my face as my mind takes me back to the events of the prior night.

I was at the Stilinski residence grabbing some stuff I left there. When suddenly there was a knock at the door. I raise an eyebrow confused and walk to the door. I am confused seeing Isaac, Boyd, Cora, Scott, and Peter standing on the doorstep all bloody. "What's going on? Why is everyone here?" I ask them confused as I allow everyone to come inside. They all file in and Isaac looks down avoiding my eyes, as do Cora, Scott, and Boyd. "Why is everyone here, where's Derek?" I ask again worriedly and Peter sighs. "Derek, well... Sweetheart, this is about Derek..." He starts and I feel my world crash. Peter is still talking to me but, I hear nothing. I fall to my knees my hands covering my mouth as violent sobs rack my body. Isaac and Scott quickly run to my side to catch me.

We moved to the couch in the living room Scott and Isaac held my hands tightly as Peter sits in front of me explaining everything that happened that day. I feel my chest tighten as I listen to his words, I look down my lip quivering. "Why are you all here to tell me this though?" I ask confused. At this point, Cora walks over to me. "You are the pack mom... you take care of everyone and despite everything, you took care of Derek. You are the Luna and well we look to you now." She explains holding out her mother's triskelion medallion to me. I look around and everyone nods their heads. "But, I'm not even a wolf..." I say and Cora shakes her head gently. "That doesn't matter." She says and I nod my head gently. "So what should we do Nyx?" Boyd asks me and I look at all of them and sigh softly. "Isaac, Scott, and you will go to school as normal... Delucailon would have come here the moment that Derek died to try and get me to join his pack which means he's waiting on something. Keep an eye on the twins on the trip tomorrow. Don't draw attention to yourselves, they are expecting you all to break and or go off the walls." I explain to them before turning my gaze to Peter and Cora, "You both I would prefer you to stay here, but I know that is a lot to ask. So if you can go to the mall, and find Derek. Bring him back so we can lay him to rest properly." I tell them and they all nod their heads.

I am brought back to the real world by the door creaking open. I sigh softly, "I'm still alive Cora." I say softly my grip tightening. "I'm going to go try and find him okay?" She asks and I nod my head gently humming softly. I hear her leave and I sit up slowly and hug my knees to my chest. I slowly emerge from his room wearing black leggings and one of his white shirts that fell like a dress on me. I decide to make a grocery store run while everyone was out. I pull my long hair into two messy space buns. I stop and look at the medallion on the bedside table and decide to slip it on before grabbing Derek's keys and heading outside. I slide into the driver's seat and my mind slips back to the day before,... before I got the terrible news that ruined my life.

Derek corners me in the hallway, my anxiety rising as I look anywhere but him. "What do you want Derek?" I ask him softly my eyes becoming glued to our shoes. "I don't want you going to the mall tomorrow." He tells me and this causes my eyes snap up to his. "What?!? Derek, that's not fair, I can help!" I say angrily and he shakes his head. "It doesn't matter you're staying here." He says and I glare at him. "Just because you are alpha doesn't mean that I have to obey your every command! I'm going tomorrow you need everyone." I shout at him before moving to turn away and he grabs my shoulders. "I need you to be selfish just this once!!! I love you Nyx!" He shouts and I look at him surprised. He sighs and rests his forehead against mine gently as tears fill my eyes. "I want to be selfish just this once. I want to have this... I want to have you." He tells me quietly. I feel several droplets on my face and I pull back a bit to see his face. Tears dotted his eyes. "You have me, Derek Hale."

Word Count: 845